Blog Ahead Mini Challenge Wrap-Up | Alexia's Books and Such: Blog Ahead Mini Challenge Wrap-Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, May 15, 2015

Blog Ahead Mini Challenge Wrap-Up


BLOG AHEAD Mini Challenge | Alexia's Books and Such
Anna at Herding Cats & Burning Soup hosted a Blog Ahead mini challenge to help us create a blogging cushion of at least 14 scheduled posts. 

The Details:

To create a 2 week blogging buffer by increasing your total number of scheduled blog posts by 14.

Example:
If you start the challenge with 20 scheduled posts...
you finish the challenge with 34 scheduled posts.

The posts can be weekly memes like Waiting on Wednesday, book reviews, guest posts, discussion topics, etc. They don't have to be book related.

My Results:

I started with zero scheduled posts, so had to come up with 14 posts for the challenge on top of my usual 3 posts a week. I found that I'm good with post ideas, but the execution was a little more challenging for me. Here's what I wound up with:
  • Reviews (2)
  • Memes (4)
  • Discussion Posts (1)
  • Other (3)
Sad to say that I didn't do as well as I'd hoped. I did schedule some posts for my second blog, but wanted to get at least 14 done for this one. Some is better than none, but I'm still going to work on it as I really want that cushion!


14 comments:

  1. Great achievement even if you didn't do as well as you had hoped.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! Finished another post this morning, so I'm getting there!

      Delete
  2. 10 scheduled posts is still good, though. :) And, I know what you mean about the execution. I'm the same way. I can come up with ideas to post about, but I can't always say what I want to say.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have several drafts now, so that's something! Now I just need to finish writing them, then add them to my cushion. Really in love with that little cushion and want to grow it larger!

      Delete
  3. I think you've done well. I'm never scheduled ahead so go you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! Glad to see you posting again! :)

      Delete
  4. 10 posts is pretty dang awesome though! That'll be a great cushion to have. Part of the challenge (I hope) is that people do pick up the habit of working ahead a little :) So kind of an ongoing challenge. heh

    I had a bit of trouble on the execution side too. I had my long lists of posts but whew I just did not have the urge to actually write my discussion posts. Oops!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for hosting this Anna! I want to make this an ongoing challenge and grow that cushion. I'm super-impressed with people who can get months ahead of schedule!

      Delete
  5. Ten scheduled posts sounds really good to me! I should think about doing something like this, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now my challenge is to keep that cushion and not fall behind again! Good luck with your challenge!

      Delete
  6. I need to do this. I keep MEANING to plan, write and schedule posts but I just don't get it done. LOL 10 is AWESOME to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Procrastination is my biggest stumbling block, but I'm working on it! :)

      Delete
  7. Well....I should have signed up for this. As of tomorrow, my block of scheduled posts will be done. lol. I'll have to sit down next week and schedule up some more. ;) And hey, any additions is an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations! I think I need to schedule time to write posts so I'm not rushing at the last minute again. Working on it! :)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u