Armchair BEA Day 2 - Social Media | Alexia's Books and Such: Armchair BEA Day 2 - Social Media

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Armchair BEA Day 2 - Social Media

Armchair BEA 2015 - Social Media

Armchair BEA is an online conference that runs in conjunction with Book Expo America in New York City. There are a large number of people around the world that are not able to join in the literary celebrations in the Big Apple, so Armchair BEA brings the celebration to you by allowing networking among other book bloggers, authors, and publishers as well as special coverage of the event, all from the comfort of your very own armchair. For more information, be sure to check out the FAQ page! (website)

Today's Topic: Social Media

How do you use social media to expand your blogging/writing horizons? Social Media is all about networking and connections, and utilizing today's technology to the fullest.


While I know I don't utilize social media to its fullest potential, it's nice to have all the different options available.

While I do use Twitter occasionally, my main focus is on my Facebook Page. I try to schedule at least 4 posts every day, sharing interesting articles and funny GIFs I find around the blogosphere as well as my own posts.

While I love Pinterest and could easily spend hours there every day, I haven't really found many other book bloggers to follow. Let me know if you have a board!

Have to admit that Google+ still baffles me, so I share some of my posts and that's about it. I've given up on Tsu, don't really use Instagram, and have never looked into Tumblr.

Are there any other sites you'd recommend?


Day 1 - Armchair BEA Introduction Post








22 comments:

  1. Like you, I don't really get Google + either...nor Tsu.

    I love finding images on Pinterest, but that's to satisfy my need for interiors to love.

    Facebook is my main thing. I have some pages there for my blogs, and I use networked blogs for my posts.

    I haven't written one post yet for Armchair BEA....I don't know why! Lazy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost forgot about Armchair BEA, so don't feel bad about not writing any posts yet! And not sure why Google+ is giving me so much trouble, as I know so many bloggers love it. Facebook is just easier for me, as I'm already on it anyway so why not have a blog fan page?

      Delete
  2. I have a pinterest board at www.pinterest.com/h43050 But I don't find a lot of book recommendations there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your link Heather! I followed you and love that you have so many cool boards! I don't find many book recommendations on Pinterest either, but love all the bookshelves & book art.

      Delete
  3. I do quite a few social media things but never really in correlation with my blog. Oh well. I followed you on Facebook and Pinterest from this post so that's something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny! Didn't know you were on FB or Pinterest so followed you back!

      Delete
  4. I have a Google+ account but I don't get it either. I'm mainly on Facebook.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear I'm not the only one! :)

      Delete
  5. I don't use Twitter to its fullest either.... but I love using it. It's a nice, easy way to connect with blogging friends, and meet people who share common blogging interests.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never seem to be on at the right time so unless it's a scheduled chat, all I get is crickets. lol

      Delete
    2. I get that. My blogging friends and I enjoy lots of conversations on there, but we're not always on at the same time, so they can last for days! Still, it's fun. :)

      Delete
    3. That sounds like what I do on Facebook! I had fun at the Twitter party yesterday, so going to search out some others to join. :)

      Delete
  6. I use Twitter the most. I like the way you do things on Facebook. I always felt like my Facebook page sucked, so I got rid of it. I used Pinterest, but not more my blog. I just pin things I'm interested in. And, Google+ baffles me too, but I do post links on it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! I think my Facebook page still sucks, but I'm working on it! Not getting many likes or comments, but know I need to be patient.

      Pinterest actually brings my blog more traffic than any other social media site, so guess I need to spend more time there. It's just so easy to get caught up in pinning recipes and travel tips!

      Delete
  7. I like the way that you are using your Facebook. I just recently dropped my page and am using only a personal account. I will have to try upping my posts like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Suzi Q! Love your name! I saw a tutorial on youtube about Facebook pages so thought I'd give her tips a try and see what happens.

      Delete
  8. Twitter is the social media platform I use the most - I just love the conversations that can happen there. I'd like to start using Goodreads more, too. Google+ never quite happened for me, though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't really use Goodreads except as an inventory tool. Will have to take a look at the social media side!

      Delete
  9. I love Pinterest, but use it more for curating and collecting content. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that Pinterest can do so many things, depending on what boards we set up and what content we pin!

      Delete
  10. Twitter is pretty much the only social media that I use regularly (besides just posting my blog posts) - and even that I don't use as much as I could!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really need to start using Twitter more as that seems to be where most book bloggers hang out. I just never seem to log on at the right time!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u