The Sunday Post 4/12/15 | Alexia's Books and Such...: The Sunday Post 4/12/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Sunday Post 4/12/15


The Sunday Post 4/12/15 | Alexia's Books and Such
The Sunday Post is a weekly meme hosted by Kimba at the Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, showcase books and things we have received, and share news about what is coming up for the week on our blog.

On the Blog:

I had to remove both CommentLuv and IntenseDebate from my blog as comments kept disappearing. 

I'd get a few CommentLuv comments, then they would disappear and I'd have a couple of different comments in regular Blogger format. Or I'd get some regular Blogger comments, then they would disappear and CommentLuv comments would show up! It was like they were at war with one another and the missing comments were collateral damage.

I was able to find and restore some of the missing comments, but there were a few that I couldn't find. It's a shame, because I really like CommentLuv.

Then I decided to try using the Read More excerpt for my posts so readers wouldn't have to scroll so much to get to the next post. Tried several different methods, but none of them worked. So am stuck with full posts for now. Sorry.

My best guess is that both of these issues are because of all of the tweaks I've done to my blog over the years. It's a patch-work Frankenstein mess at this point, so sooner or later I'm going to have to scrap the whole design and start over. Not looking forward to that!

Current Read:

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver

On the TBR Pile:

  • Arivaca by John Poulsen
  • I Am the Traitor by Allen Zadoff
  • Buzz Books 2015

Upcoming Reviews:

  • Black and White by Jackie Kessler & Caitlin Kittredge
  • Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep
  • The Art of Neil Gaiman

Around the Blogosphere:





20 comments:

  1. I am curious about Black and White....I'll be watching for the review.

    Sorry about the comment wars....thanks for sharing...and here are MY WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really enjoyed Black and White, so fingers crossed the sequel is just as good!

      Delete
  2. The Comment Wars sounds aweful. I try not to let stats and other things be the measure of my blog. I rated low as well. Comments are nice and make you feel valid. Great stack of books.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really disappointed that neither of the commenting systems I tried worked out, as I loved how I could reply via email! So convenient! Guess I need to start looking into a new design and finally scrap this patchwork mess I currently use. :(

      Delete
  3. Sorry about all the comment issues; I'm glad you were able to find some of the lost comments. The Art of Neil Gaiman sounds awesome- I'll be curious to see what you think.

    -lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're a Neil Gaiman fan, I highly recommend The Art of Neil Gaiman! It's a gorgeous book, full of interesting tidbits and stories!

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I've got Black and White on my TBR. Hope it was good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it! Hope you're able to read it soon, as it was fun!

      Delete
  5. I LOVED The Art of Neil Gaiman! I borrowed it from the library, and now it's on my wish list. Maybe the next time I go on a book buying binge ...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it a gorgeous book? It's one of my favorites and now I want to buy a coffee table so I can display it! lol

      Delete
  6. LOL at learning a new tool for producing blogger envy just at the moment you've decided to reduce blogger envy. BTDT.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I had a good laugh at that. :)

      Delete
  7. That's so weird about the issues you had. Doing the line break button didn't work for the read more?? Crazy. I wouldn't know what to do if mine didn't work.

    Have you thought of trying Disqus? I've really liked having it for my commenting.

    And yay thanks for sharing Blog Ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried the button and some code I found online, but could not get the Read More to work. It's probably past time for me to switch designs, but I've had this one so long that I'm kinda attached to it. But the code is a total mess, so maybe I'll change during the next Bloggiesta?

      Delete
  8. Well if it makes you feel better, I don't like the "read more" option. It's nice if I'm way behind on posts so I can check it everything I've missed at a glance but otherwise I'm not a fan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, that does make me feel better! Thanks Jenny! :)

      Delete
  9. Hmm, when I was on Blogspot I found Discus worked best for comments. Hope your issues stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To tell you the truth, I'm sorta afraid to touch the backend now in case it goes totally nuts! Going to hold off on any new commenting system until I make up my mind about a design overhaul.

      I like Discus, but know that some people don't want to create an account. And not everyone links their blog to their Discus account for some reason. It's still on my short list though! Thanks Kimba!

      Delete
  10. Awesome books. Vanishing Girls looks great!

    I hope you enjoy :) Happy Reading!

    Here's my Weekly Wrap Up

    Michelle @ Book Briefs

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u