Review: She's The Boss by Lisa Lim | Alexia's Books and Such: Review: She's The Boss by Lisa Lim

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Review: She's The Boss by Lisa Lim

Review: She's The Boss by Lisa Lim. A light, quick, laugh out loud funny read!
She's the Boss by Lisa Lim

The Devil Wears Prada meets The Office. 

Twenty-something Karsynn is now a boss but she's not so much The Devil Wears Prada as she is The Angel Wears Payless. With a brighter career, things should be going better for Karsynn, right? Wrong. There's now a new director at the office--Carter Lockwood, and he's brought his reputation for wrecking havoc amongst the ladies. Karsynn prides herself in being the only one impervious to Carter's good looks. In fact, she takes great pleasure in blowing on the embers of Carter's hostility. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

Really enjoyed Confessions of a Call Center Gal, so was happy to review this follow-up for the author! This one picks up not too long after the first book, and several of our favorite characters are back as well!

As a former call center gal, I recognized several of the situations Kars finds herself in and really enjoyed the story! Really loved it when she got to travel to Malaysia to help open a new call center as I did something similar, only in India.

So many of Karsynn's adventures mirrored my own, except for the whole sexy boss thing. I WISH I had had a sexy boss like Carter, but that might have been awkward since I'm married. No offence to my former call center bosses, but none of you were sexy. Or male.

Anyway....

Love the humor in these books, as I'm a sucker for sarcastic, wacky dialog. While working in a call center can be draining and suck the very life out of you, this particular call center sounds like it would be a fun place to work! So many unique, funny characters! Would probably be a nightmare to manage, but they sound like they have fun!

This was a fast, fun read that would make a perfect beach book. Probably best if you read the two books in order so you already know all the characters, but can certainly be read as a stand-alone. Either way, it's definitely a light, quick, laugh out loud funny read!


Review copy received from the author in exchange for an honest review

15 comments:

  1. Oh wow. That's so cool that you could relate with the character. It doesn't happen a lot. I mean, you may see similarities but it's cool when it hits that close to home. Too bad you didn't have a Carter of your own. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right, being able to relate to a character doesn't happen often. There are several characters I wish I could be, but know that isn't possible. Think that's one of the reasons I enjoyed this one so much!

      Delete
  2. I've been on the lookout for some fun beach reads. These sound perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think these would make great beach reads, as they're fast & fun!

      Delete
  3. LOL! Loved this review. I love a book where you want to be a part of that world. I never had a smexy boss either. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess it's a good thing we didn't have smexy bosses, as then we'd never get any work done!

      Delete
  4. LOL that's fun and great you had that connection...minus the hot boss. I'm always like that when I read rescue/vet ones. Darnit. My vet is not a hottie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that I think about it, my now-husband was my boss at one point so guess that little fantasy did come true! lol

      Delete
  5. LOL, your line about wishing you had a sexy boss like Carter cracked me up. This series looks like fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both of the books were really fun reads! Although I'd hate to get any of these agents on the phone, as they didn't seem very helpful to their customers...ha!

      Delete
  6. Sounds like a fun, relaxing read...even if I happily NEVER worked in a call center

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a fun read! Call centers are tough, but the camaraderie can be great!

      Delete
  7. As I have an aversion to any job requiring answering phones, I don't think I would groove to this. Heck, I even hate to answer the phone at home. The 9 months I spent on phones with my current job has scarred me forever. I think this would give me flash backs. I'm glad you enjoyed it, though.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u