Saturday, April 4, 2015

My Book Haul 4/4/15

Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep and Arivaca by John Poulsen
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

NetGalley:

NetGalley is my Kryptonite and I can never resist requesting titles whenever I log on, so I try to avoid temptation by never logging on. They're on to me though and keep sending me emails, offering titles they know I can't resist. Evil, evil NetGalley! You're like a supervillain or evil genius! Guess I'm lucky I managed to get away with only two requests....

Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep
Cold Burn of Magic by Jennifer Estep

There Be Monsters Here. . .It's not as great as you'd think, living in a tourist town that's known as "the most magical place in America." Same boring high school, just twice as many monsters under the bridges and rival Families killing each other for power.

***

Arivaca by John Poulsen
Arivaca by John Poulsen

Jesse Ballard’s life is filled with misfortune. His parents are dead, he’s been convicted of a crime, and a dark secret torments his soul. But when he’s incarcerated on a ranch for troubled teens he discovers his troubles have just begun. A Supreme Power has literally hijacked his life, bringing him to the ranch to make him the guardian of a powerful relic that was hidden away 2600 years ago when Solomon’s Temple was destroyed.



What did you receive this week?

12 comments:

  1. I thought of you when I saw a listing for Cold Burn of Magic. I knew you'd pick it up one way or another. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't resist Jennifer's books, as she's one of my favorite authors! She hasn't disappointed me yet and can write anything. Love her books!

      Delete
  2. I love NetGalley too. I think this is going to be an awesome book as well. I hope you love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! NetGalley is my big weakness and I can't seem to stay away! lol

      Delete
  3. No no, I can't enter NetGalley!! hahaha I know that I'm not strong enough

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm helpless when it comes to NetGalley too! lol

      Delete
  4. Gah! Between you and Melissa (B&T) you both keep reminding me of Estep's books, and in doing so I remember how far behind I am. lol.

    Hope you have a great week! (And I'm curious as to how the new commenting system works for you!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to read her books! I know you'll love them, so better get busy! :)

      New commenting system is great when it works, but seems to have a mind of its own and isn't showing up on every new post. Trying to figure it out, but I'm not exactly Mr Wizard so it may take awhile. It's always something, isn't it? *sigh*

      Here's to a great week for us both!

      Delete
  5. I loved Cold Burn of Magic! Good pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just started reading it and so far, so good! Love Jennifer's books, so can't wait to see where she goes with this series!

      Delete
  6. Oh, I feel you! Netgalley is my kryptonite too! I used to be very bad with Edelweiss, but I can usually stop myself now because I need to formulate a reason to request. The one-click of Netgalley is MUCH harder to resist ;) I hope you enjoy these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right that Edelweiss is easier to resist, but that one-click on NetGalley is dangerous! :)

      Delete