Saturday, April 25, 2015

My Book Haul 4/25/17

Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep and Alive by Scott Sigler
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.


NetGalley/Edelweiss:

I don't usually request books from Edelweiss as I'm more comfortable with NetGalley, but couldn't bring myself to wait until July to read the next Elemental Assassins book by Jennifer Estep! Gin is one of my favorite characters, and what a great cover! Can't wait to see what happens!


Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep
Spider's Trap by Jennifer Estep

The next thrilling book in Jennifer Estep’s New York Times and USA Today bestselling Elemental Assassin series -“an extraordinary series… One of the most intriguing heroines in the genre” (Romantic Times Book Reviews).

***


NetGalley keeps reeling me in with tempting emails! This one sounded too intriguing to pass up, so looking forward to discovering what exactly is going on!


Alive by Scott Sigler
Alive by Scott Sigler

From New York Times bestselling author Scott Sigler comes something utterly new: a gripping sci-fi adventure trilogy in the vein of The Hunger Games, Divergent, and The Maze Runner. A group of young adults awake in a mysterious enclosed space with no knowledge of who they are or how they got there…and an indomitable young woman must lead them not only to answers but to survival.



What did you receive this week?

16 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about Spider's Trap and Estep's books. I got that one as well. So I'm hoping that this book will be great. Have a lovely weekend.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! I've never been disappointed by Jennifer, so looking forward to reading this one!

      Delete
  2. I go for NG more too. Edelweiss is a hard place to play. Hope you enjoy your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anna! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. NetGalley is a horrible temptation for me, as I can never just look and always wind up requesting too many titles! But I still love it. :)

      Delete
  4. The Elemental Assassin series looks good! So does Alive. I know what you mean about NetGalley being so tempting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one of my biggest weaknesses, but what a fun weakness! :)

      Delete
  5. Yay, Alive! Netgalley DOES love to tempt. I didn't even see the email, I just stalk Netgalley like some sort of lunatic looking for books to review. I think we need some kind of support group ;)

    Shannon @ It Starts At Midnight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could probably use a support group, but do any of us really want to quit? lol

      Delete
  6. Ah the Elemental series is on my list. I picked up book one on audio. Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite series, so I keep trying to convince everyone to give it a try. Hope you enjoy! :)

      Delete
  7. I have to get started on this Jennifer Estep series. I've heard great things about it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you give it a try, as Gin is an awesome main character! And as the series progresses, so does she. I get so annoyed at characters who stay the same, so I love that Gin continues to develop instead of being stuck in a rut!

      Delete
  8. Oh the cover for Spider's Trap is amazing! And I've been looking at Scott Sigler's books lately. I've met him at Balticon and I'm very curious to his books, and his latest to come. Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't that a great cover? Actually, I love both of these covers. And I'm really enjoying Alive, so very cool that you got to meet the author!

      Delete