Friday, April 24, 2015

Buzz Books 2015: Spring/Summer

Buzz Books 2015:  Spring/SummerTitle:  Buzz Books 2015: Spring?Summer
Author:  various
Release Date:  January 23, 2015
Publisher:  Publishers Lunch
Source:  NetGalley

Our sixth Buzz Books edition evokes all the excitement of Winter Institute with substantial pre-publication excerpts from nearly 40 adult titles. Enjoy access to the newest voices the publishing industry is broadcasting for the upcoming season as you discover breakout books from established authors, sparkling debuts from soon-to-become literary stars, and fascinating memoirs and inspirational nonfiction. (Goodreads)

My Review:

Really enjoy these samplers as they introduce me to authors I probably never would have found on my own! While I'm more of an Urban Fantasy and YA reader, there were several samples in this collection that left me wanting more! Here are a few of my favorites:

The Dog Master by W. Bruce Cameron - A story about an injured she-wolf trying to protect her newborn pups and a lone human who decides to help her. The story hooked me the minute we heard from the she-wolf's point of view!

A Desperate Fortune by Susanna Kearsley - Sara has always felt a bit of an outsider, partly because she has Asperger's Syndrome. I liked her immediately, and was intrigued by the idea of an encrypted diary from an exiled Jacobite in France.

The Children's Crusade by Ann Packer - This isn't my usual type of read at all, but something about the story drew me in and left me wanting to learn more about this family.

The Hand That Feeds You by A.J. Rich - Not really into mysteries or thrillers lately, but there are dogs involved and I want to know more! For instance, are the dogs guilty or innocent bystanders? And what's up with Morgan's mysterious fiance?

Dietland by Sarai Walker - Plum is a large woman who has basically put her life on hold because of her weight. Convinced that her "real" life will start after she loses weight, she schedules surgery and starts buying clothes for her new & improved self. Then she notices someone following her, and her life takes an unexpected turn. Sounds intriguing, doesn't it?


Have you read this sampler yet? Which titles are you most looking forward to?

6 comments:

  1. Dietland sounds so weirdly intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great way of putting it! I can't seem to resist the weirdly intriguing, so really want to read Dietland!

      Delete
  2. Liking the sound of A Desperate Fortune if only because Sarah has Asperger's Syndrome.

    A great way to showcase books, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it would have caught my interest with that detail, as I love books featuring characters that are just a little off center like that!

      Delete
  3. I've not read these sampler books before. I kinda don't because I'll start one of the books and want the rest! LOL! Glad you enjoyed these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What's nice is that most of them have links to the full book on NetGalley, so you don't have to wait to read them!

      Delete