Spring Bloggiesta 2015 Finish Line | Alexia's Books and Such: Spring Bloggiesta 2015 Finish Line

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Spring Bloggiesta 2015 Finish Line

Spring Bloggiesta 2015 | Alexia's Books and Such

Hard to believe that another Bloggiesta has come and gone already! Was able to get so much accomplished, and even learned a thing or two! Love Bloggiesta and already looking forward to the next one!

Let's see how I did:

Original Goals

  • Update book review index - done!
  • Crosspost book reviews to Amazon & Goodreads - done!
  • Catch up on emails - feel a little like Sisyphus with this one, as it kept growing no matter how many lists I unsubscribed from or how many emails I deleted! I need an Emailiesta!
  • Complete at least one mini-challenge - done!
  • Take part in at least one Twitter chat - done!
  • Create custom cover for my Pinterest review boards - a work in progress
  • Import Bloglovin' feed to Feedly - done! Was easier than expected
  • Finish removing dead links from old IMM posts - done!
  • Cheer on other Bloggiesta participants - commented on almost all participant's blogs, but some people didn't have their post up when I visited and I didn't keep track. Sorry if I missed anyone!
  • Pin at least 3 months worth of old reviews to Pinterest - done!
  • Have a minimum of 5 posts ready as back-ups - done!
  • Explore idea I have for a new meme to see if it's feasible - someone is already doing it, so back to the drawing board!
  • Write pending reviews - still have 2 pending

Added Goals

  • Research Tweetdeck vs Hootsuite and pick one - decided to take them both for a test drive! Leaning towards Hootsuite as I like being able to schedule posts in one place, but also like the real time tweets of Tweetdeck.
  • Add an About Me page to my second blog - pending
  • Back up both blogs - done!
  • Go through old drafts and either delete or update - found some half-written posts that I need to finish and publish, but also deleted a ton!
  • Research CommentLuv to see if I can easily add it to my blog - didn't get around to this one, so adding to my Goals Page
  • Find a Facebook Page Follow Me plug-in I like and add to blog - done!
  • Find social media icons I like and add to sidebar - done!
  • Check page loading speed and fix as needed - sometimes it loads fast, sometimes it loads slow, but can't figure out why...
  • Create Pinterest board for Bloggiesta challenges - done!
  • Add alt tags to photos in old posts - this is slow going as I have over 3 years worth of posts to update!
  • Update copyright to current year on both blogs - done!

Mini Challenges Completed

  • Twitter Chat Tutorial - Chats go by so fast that I always seem to fall behind, so can use all the help I can get!  
  • Trello Organizer - I'm pretty happy with the blog planner I'm currently using, but think this might help with scheduling all of my tasks. Combining this with the blog scheduler task in hopes of making my life easier!
  • Create a Blogging Schedule - Have started a rough blogging schedule using Trello and looking forward to creating to-do lists and daily tasks!
  • Organize Your Reader - I think I have too many folders, so going to try Estella's idea of daily folders (Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, etc) to simplify things. Will keep my Authors, Favorites, and non-book blog folders but use the days of the week for everything else.
  • Simplify Blogging - I keep over-complicating things so really need to work on this one! 
  • Blast From the Past - Love looking at the old Bloggiesta challenges, as there's always something I can use. For Tif's challenge, I concentrated on the various ways to promote my blog via social media.

Not bad, if I do say so myself! I didn't complete everything on my list, but got an awful lot accomplished. Also found several more blogs to follow and made a few new friends along the way. I'm counting this one as a success!

Did you take part in Bloggiesta this past week? If so, how did you do? I had a blast visiting different blogs and seeing what everyone was up to! And I made all but one of the Twitter chats, which were fast-paced but fun! I really need to spend more time on Twitter, as I enjoyed myself.

Already looking forward to the next Bloggiesta! Hope you can join us!


14 comments:

  1. Wow! You had a ton of goals and you did so well! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenny! I feel like I actually got something accomplished this time round, even if I didn't check everything off my list. I'm calling it a success! :)

      Delete
  2. Hey, here giving feedback from the Bloggiesta linkup. First of all, congrats on your to-do list! I'm glad you tried out Trello and creating a blogging schedule.

    In terms of blog feedback, overall there's a lot competing for my attention. It was partly the colors that were hard to read against each other, and the amount of content in the sidebar. In some cases, the sidebars are longer than the actual post, which drew my attention away from the main post. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brittany! Am loving Trello and keeping it open in a tab for easy access.

      I cleaned up the sidebars a little and moved things around, so hope that reduces the distractions. I've played with colors and think this is the best combination, as I think black text is harder to read on the green background than white. Hope it's easier for you to read now! :)

      Delete
  3. Wow - you got so much of your Bloggiesta to-do list done! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Belle! Hope you had as much fun with bloggiesta as I did!

      Delete
  4. Hey, you did amazing this round! I try to keep up with my review log each week, but I've been having troubles with that page lately. *sigh* Oh well.

    Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! It's hard to keep up sometimes, isn't it? I keep getting distracted, so am working on my time management skills. Again. Always seem to be working on those! lol

      Delete
  5. Wow, that was one impressive list, and what a lot of progress! Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurel-Rain! The one week really made a difference for me!

      Delete
  6. You did such a great job on accomplishing most of your goals! That has to be a pretty good feeling! Congratulations! I'm glad you had such a great time and found the mini-challenges so helpful! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jenni! I had a lot of fun this time around, and loved the Twitter chats! Fast paced, but a blast!

      Delete
  7. What an impressive Bloggiesta you had!!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u