6 Books I Want to Reread (once I get my Time Turner) | Alexia's Books and Such: 6 Books I Want to Reread (once I get my Time Turner)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, March 14, 2015

6 Books I Want to Reread (once I get my Time Turner)

lolcats.com
Before I discovered the book blogging world, I used to reread books all the time. Of course, back then I didn't have towering TBR piles all over the house and it was much harder to find new authors. 

While I'm more than happy to have so many fascinating new books to read, part of me misses the simple pleasure of rereading an old favorite. One of these days, I'm going to set aside the guilt and sit down with an old friend for a nice reread. These 6 books are at the top of my list:


Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman
Neverwhere was a book I actually used to reread every year, usually during my birthday month for some reason. It's been years since I've read it though, so it's number one on my list!


Outlander by Diana Gabaldon

Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
Outlander is a book that has everything and I really enjoyed it, but haven't reread it yet so I'm curious if I'll enjoy it as much during a reread?


Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux

Summerhouse by Jude Deveraux
This is actually my second copy of Summerhouse that I got used because I had given my copy away. I love the idea of going back in time for a do-over, but I could never decide which part of my life to revisit. Still trying to decide, so maybe a reread would help?


Harry Potter by JK Rowling

Harry Potter by JK Rowling
Harry Potter was such a good book that I'd love to revisit the entire series! I remember that the middle books in the series were too long and slow, but loved the beginning and end!


Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood

Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
I gave away my copy of The Handmaid's Tale, so need to pick up another one. This one really got to me and think it's good enough for a reread or two!


Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
My copy of The Hitchhiker's Guide To the Galaxy is well-loved and has been through a lot! I think I picked it up during college, and still quote lines from the book! Definitely want to reread this one!


How about you? Do you manage to find time to reread books? If so, what are some of your favorites?


30 comments:

  1. I talk about rereading Harry Potter every year, but I never do because there are so many new books I want to read. I'm in the same boat as you, before blogging I reread books all the time, now I hardly ever do, and I miss it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how I used to reread because I couldn't find anything new to read, but now I can't reread because I have too many new books! Can't win for trying....ha!

      Delete
  2. Oh goodness. Yeah re-reading is a very rare thing these days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought I'd miss being able to reread old favorites, but I do!

      Delete
  3. I had started re-reading some of the books off our shelves. Sadly disappointed by most of them - my tastes have obviously changed quite a lot over the years which combined with shelf space becoming ever more problematic and my eyesight not being up to small print as it once was (despite the glasses) - almost without exception they went to various charity shops.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never thought of that, but you're right! I'd hate to reread an old favorite, then find that my tastes have changed and I no longer like it. That's happened with me and my favorite music, so surprised I didn't think it could happen with books too!

      Delete
  4. Yep, I used to reread all the time too. I miss it. I don't know why we can't reread. We already know we'll love the story so is it really a waste of reading time?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought it was a waste of reading time as I always seemed to find something new that I hadn't noticed the first time around! Sometimes I read so quickly that I miss things. Even knowing this, I still read too fast. But once I get my Time Turner, I'll be able to go back and catch all the stuff I missed! lol

      Delete
  5. I don't re-read a lot either, I used to re-read more before I started blogging, but nowadays I rather read a book I haven't read yet than re-read a book. Although that also makes me a bit sad as it's fun to re-read books. I hope I can make tiem to re-read books now and then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought about joining a reread challenge, but felt too guilty because of all the unread books I already own. One day!

      Delete
  6. I don't really re-read books unless it's Harry Potter, which I try to re-read some of them every year. I love Hitchhiker's Guide, it's awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since I used to reread because I had trouble finding new books, I'm a little surprised at how much I miss it.

      Delete
  7. I've reread Outlander maybe twice now. I love that story. I like to reread my faves when I need a pick-me-up our of a book funk that I'm in.
    Kristin @ Book Sniffers Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Outlander is one of those books I used to recommend to everyone, so think it's about time I picked it up again. Although I'd be horribly disappointed if it didn't live up to my memory!

      Delete
  8. I get it, I really really get it. I used to be a big rereader, then I started blogging. I feel as if I've been ignoring some of my best friends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'm ignoring old friends in favor of the bright and shiny and new. Feel more than a little guilty!

      Delete
  9. I reread every time I get in a reading slump and Harry Potter is one of my favorite rereads. I will read a couple of books and then just not want to pick anything up. I figured out if I do a reread when this happens, I get back in my reading groove.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great idea! Next time I hit a reading rut, I'll pick one of these up and see if it can't get me back in the groove.

      Delete
  10. Ooh...nice choices! As for me? My list would include, HARRY POTTER, Twilight, THE GIRL WHO CIRCUMNAVIGATED THE WORLD IN A SHIP OF HER OWN MAKING, Eyes Like Stars....should I continue? ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love how Harry Potter shows up on so many reread wishlists! Really need to make time to revisit him....one of these days!

      Delete
  11. I reread two books every year or two. Little Women and Pride and Prejudice. Neither one has ever let me down. If anything, I love them more with subsequent readings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember loving both Little Women and Pride & Prejudice as a girl, but haven't read them in years. Love that you reread them periodically!

      Delete
  12. I have too many books I need to read the first time before I start reading books the second time. But if I were to reread a book, it would be because there was something I didn't understand about it, but I do understand now. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes sense! Like maybe you were too young when you picked it up the first time, or needed more life experience or something? Every time I've reread a book, I find something new that I either didn't pick up or or notice the first time around. Plus, rereading an old favorite is like visiting an old friend for me. :)

      Delete
  13. I also want to reread the Harry Potter series! Someday...

    ReplyDelete
  14. lol. I want a time turner so I can get through all the books I've yet to read. LOL!! Great picks. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't a time turner be awesome? I SO want one!

      Delete
  15. I try to make it a point to re-read an old favorite at least a couple of times a year. And, I usually re-read Harry Potter on a regular basis. I'm thinking I need to revisit The Handmaid's Tale. Others I want to get to are Wicked and Shadow of the Wind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I envy you being able to reread Harry Potter on a regular basis, as that's a huge commitment! I really want to carve out some reread time this year, as I'm missing my old friends.

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u