Obsession In Death book review - another great Dallas/Roarke story! | Alexia's Books and Such...: Obsession In Death book review - another great Dallas/Roarke story!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, February 23, 2015

Obsession In Death book review - another great Dallas/Roarke story!

Book Review: Obsession In Death by JD Robb (Alexia's Books and Such) Title: Obsession In Death
Author:  JD Robb
Release Date:  February 10, 2015
Publisher:  Putnam
Source:  personal library
Synopsis:
Eve Dallas has solved a lot of high-profile murders for the NYPSD and gotten a lot of media. She - and her billionaire husband - are getting accustomed to being objects of attention, of gossip, of speculation.

But now Eve has become the object of one person’s obsession. Someone who finds her extraordinary, and thinks about her every hour of every day. Who believes the two of them have a special relationship. Who would kill for her - again and again…

With a murderer reading meanings into her every move, handling this case will be a delicate - and dangerous - psychological dance. And Eve knows that underneath the worship and admiration, a terrible threat lies in wait. Because the beautiful lieutenant is not at all grateful for these bloody offerings from her “true and loyal friend.” And in time, idols always fall… (Goodreads)

My Review:

Obsession In Death is the is the 40th book in JD Robb's In Death series. The fortieth! I don't think I've ever stuck around a series for even half that long because I tend to get bored, but this series just keeps getting better and better!

One of the things that I love about these books is how the characters change over time. For instance, Eve started out a loner who was happy to be alone and didn't want anything to do with other people. She lived for her job and that was it. Over time, she met, fell in love with, and married the perfect man. She also collected quite a few friends, which still bewilders her most days.

In this story, Eve realizes just how many people have entered her life and may now be in danger because of their connection to her.

The killer is obsessed, and being the center of attention is hard on Eve. She wants the focus to be on the victims and on bringing their killer to justice, not on her. I really love how focused Eve is on the job and how she doesn't let anything get in her way!

Another nice thing about this series is that you can read the books as stand alones and don't need to read them in order. While knowing the history adds an extra dimension to the stories, it's not required because the author does a nice job explaining everything you need to know. Would be a little too intimidating to have to go back and read all 40 books!

Another well-paced plot with an interesting storyline. JD Robb (aka Nora Roberts) is an incredibly talented writer and I really love the universe she's created! I don't usually like police dramas or mysteries, but she's really sucked me in with Dallas and Roarke! Already looking forward to the next one!



6 comments:

  1. I've never read a JD Robb book. My mother in law is always pushing them on me. Maybe one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of my favorite series! No matter what I'm reading or how many books are on my TBR pile, I find myself downloading each book immediately and reading it right away! SO GOOD!!!

      Delete
  2. I love the series too. I'll be there until the end--wherever that may be. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't get over this being the 40th book, as it doesn't seem that long ago that I "met" Dallas! I'll be there until the very end too, weeping copious amounts of tears because it's all over. :(

      Delete
  3. Not sure I will ever get into this series, but I have to admire anyone who can read 40 books in one series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to believe for me too, as I usually get bored after 3 or 4 books and stop reading a series. I'm not sure if you'd like this series, but I think you might appreciate the crime solving parts.

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u