My Book Haul 2/7/15 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 2/7/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, February 7, 2015

My Book Haul 2/7/15

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Was thrilled when the publisher offered to send me a review copy of Neil Gaiman's newest book! I'm a huge Gaiman fan, so really looking forward to reading this one. And it's short stories! I love short stories! *swoon*

 photo triggerwarning.jpg
Trigger Warning by Neil Gaiman

Multiple award winning, #1 New York Times bestselling author Neil Gaiman returns to dazzle, captivate, haunt, and entertain with this third collection of short fiction following Smoke and Mirrors and Fragile Things--which includes a never-before published American Gods story, "Black Dog," written exclusively for this volume. (Goodreads)

Swapped:

While I'm not longer an active participant on PaperbackSwap.com, I still receive emails whenever one of the books on my wishlist becomes available. I still have credits, so received this book in the mail about a week after accepting the offer. Not sure when I'll get to it, but it still sounds like a good read.

Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster
Human.4 by Mike A. Lancaster

Kyle Straker volunteered to be hypnotized at the annual community talent show, expecting the same old lame amateur acts. But when he wakes up, his world will never be the same. Televisions and computers no longer work, but a strange language streams across their screens. Everyone’s behaving oddly. It’s as if Kyle doesn’t exit.

Is this nightmare a result of the hypnosis? Will Kyle wake up with a snap of fingers to roars of laughter? Or is this something much more sinister? Narrated on a set of found cassette tapes at an unspecified point in the future, Human.4 is an absolutely chilling look at technology gone too far. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?

28 comments:

  1. I still have a lot of credits on paperback swap as well. Seems like you did well this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Grace! Hope you're able to use your credits for something good. I totally forgot about mine until they sent me an email, so I updated my wishlist in case something good comes in!

      Delete
  2. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard a lot about Trigger Warning and have seen other bloggers showcase it. I hope you enjoy :) Thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning the favor! Hope you have a great week!

      Delete
  4. The book swap scheme sounds amazing. Away over there now to find out more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's one way to purge old books. Only you're exchanging them for new ones, so doesn't really help with the overcrowding issue.

      Delete
  5. I try to swap my unwanted books whenever I can, mostly with a girl at RISI who sends me Amazon gift vouchers for them. Nice! I still have a voucher waiting to be spent...Enjoy your books and thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of swapping books for Amazon gift cards! At my last job, we had a bookswap shelf where we could leave our old books and take new ones. One of the few reasons I miss my old office. ha!

      Delete
  6. If someone has never read a Neil Gaimen book, what would you recommend? I KNOW I am missing out, and that needs to change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My favorite Gaiman is Neverwhere, but I think it's tied up in good memories because I read it right after visiting London for the first time. Good Omens and American Gods are also really good! I'd recommend reading sample excerpts of these three to see which one strikes your fancy. Hope you give him a chance, as he's one of my all-time favorite authors!

      Delete
  7. I haven't tried PaperbackSwap. I always meant to, but I have a habit of either passing books on to other people or taking them to Goodwill. I hope that one turns out for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Zen! PBS is nice if you're looking for older titles, but they don't seem to have many new books. At least, not the ones I'm looking for.

      Delete
  8. I enjoyed Trigger Warning. I found a long dry spot of stories in the middle that didn't wow me, but more than enough awesome stories to make up for it and keep me reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear! I know that not every story can be a hit, but glad that most of them are awesome!

      Delete
  9. I have seen a couple of people receive Trigger Warning and it looks interesting. I haven't read any neil gaiman books though i received Good Omens for Christmas and have heard good things. Thanks for visiting my blog, have a great week and happy reading ! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you give Good Omens a try, as it's really good! It's one of his funniest books IMO, probably because he wrote it with Terry Pratchett. Hope you enjoy!

      Delete
  10. Ah, jealous you got a review copy of Trigger Warning! I just ended up picking up the ebook on release day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome you got the new Neil Gaiman book. Human.4 looks very good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To tell the truth I had forgotten about requesting it, but you're right that it does look like a good read!

      Delete
  12. Now see you and I differ there, I am not a huge fan of short stories, but I do get drawn into reading them now and again. Admittedly, his new one DOES sound good. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gina! I'm a sucker for short stories and anthologies and can't resist anything with Neil's name on it! :)

      Delete
  13. You know, I've not read a Gaiman book yet. I would like to try his work one day. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you give him a try one of these days, as I think he's awesome!

      Delete
  14. I need to get me on that Neil Gaiman bus. You always get review copies. Why is it always Terri? Terri, Terri, Terri! Sorry, I was channeling Jan. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A Brady Bunch reference! Love it! I'd recommend you sign up for all the publisher newsletters out there, plus Shelf Awareness, If you blog it, they will come. Patience, Grasshopper. ;)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u