My Book Haul 2/21/15 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 2/21/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, February 21, 2015

My Book Haul 2/21/15

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

I've been doing pretty well with turning down review offers, but every now and again one catches my eye and I wind up saying yes. Here are two of them:

Spy Interrupted: The Waiting Wife by T. Dasu
Spy Interrupted: The Waiting Wife by T. Dasu

Jane Austen meets John le Carre in the riveting international romantic thriller Spy, Interrupted: The Waiting Wife, which follows a newlywed couple on an emotionally wrought journey rife with love, intrigue, and suspense. (Goodreads)

***

Love and Miss Communication by Elyssa Friedland
Love and Miss Communication by Elyssa Friedland

This unforgettable debut novel asks us to look up from our screens and out at the world…and to imagine what life would be like with no searches, no status updates, no texts, no Tweets, no pins, and no posts. (Goodreads)


NetGalley:

I know that I'm supposed to stay off of NetGalley until I make a dent in my TBR pile, but the Buzz Books don't count because they're just samplers. Right?

Buzz Books 2015: Young Adult Spring
Buzz Books 2015: Young Adult Spring

This second edition of Buzz Books: Young Adult Spring provides substantial pre-publication excerpts from 26 forthcoming young adult and middle grade books. Now everyone can share the same access to the newest YA voices the publishing industry is broadcasting for the spring/summer season. (Goodreads)

***

Buzz Books 2015:  Spring/Summer
Buzz Books 2015:  Spring/Summer

Our sixth Buzz Books edition evokes all the excitement of Winter Institute with substantial pre-publication excerpts from nearly 40 adult titles. Enjoy access to the newest voices the publishing industry is broadcasting for the upcoming season as you discover breakout books from established authors, sparkling debuts from soon-to-become literary stars, and fascinating memoirs and inspirational nonfiction. (Goodreads)


Purchased:

The Dallas series is a must-read series for me and I can't resist downloading a copy as soon as they come out! Love reading about Dallas, Roarke, and her friends!

Obsession In Death by JD Robb
Obsession In Death by JD Robb

 Lieutenant Eve Dallas walks the thin line between love and hate in this fabulous 40th thriller from #1 New York Times–bestseller J. D. Robb… (Goodreads)




What did you receive this week?

25 comments:

  1. Great haul! It's been quite a while since I've read one of Nora's J.D. Robb books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're one of my favorites, so hope you pick one up again soon!

      Delete
  2. I Really should read the Buzz books, but I need to put a dent in my NG/EW books. Awesome stack of books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Buzz books! It's a great way to discover new authors without having to track them down on Amazon yourself!

      Delete
  3. I love J.D. Robb. Nora Roberts is my first favorite adult author! You should check out her other books!
    Check out my STS
    Genesis @ GenGen's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've read a couple of Nora's romances, but the Dallas books are definitely my favorites!

      Delete
  4. Urg, say Jane Austen and I'm hooked like a fish. Will have to check otu Spy, Interrupted.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Jane Austen blurb has me curious too! Fingers crossed it's good!

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I've not heard of any of these but I hope you enjoy them! Thank you for sharing and have a great week. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Krystianna! Hope your week is great too! :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice haul, Alexia :) I hope you'll enjoy all your new books. The Buzz books look like a great idea, as you get some longer excerpts before deciding which books to read.
    Have a great week and happy reading.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Buzz books, and have found several new-to-me authors through them! Have a great week Lexxie! :)

      Delete
  8. Oh yay for Roarke and Eve. I have that prob with review books too. Sometimes you just can't resist :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love Roarke and Eve! I can't seem to resist downloading and reading their books immediately!

      Delete
  9. Love and Miss Communication sounds interesting! Great haul.
    Check out my STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! Hope it lives up to it's promise!

      Delete
  10. Awesome! I didn't know the buzz books were available yet. I guess I will request a copy of each.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read the adult one yet, but the YA one had some pretty interesting titles!

      Delete
  11. Hmm, not sure any of these particularly appeal. still, each to their own, I look forward to reading your thoughts on them. Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tracy! I'm trying to read outside my usual urban fantasy genre, so hope I'm not disappointed.

      Delete
  12. You'd better get cracking if you want to squeeze all of these in before the end of the week! I still can't believe that JD Robb's series is up to 40 installments. That's just INSANITY! I grabbed a couple of freebie novellas this morning: Haunted by Amanda Bonilla and Hunt by Rachel Vincent.

    Carmel @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Will have to check out Hunt, as Rachel Vincent is awesome!

      Delete
  13. I didn't do a Sunday Post this week, been a bit blah with sinuses. But hope to have one up this weekend coming. And loooots of amazing posts this week to go live too. ;D

    Have a great week and enjoy all your reads!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The weather has been crazy lately and lots of people are coming down with colds and infections. Hope you're feeling better!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u