What's In A Name Challenge 2015 | Alexia's Books and Such...: What's In A Name Challenge 2015

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, January 4, 2015

What's In A Name Challenge 2015

What's In A Name Challenge 2015

Trying to take some of the self-imposed pressure off, I wasn't going to sign up for any reading challenges this year. But this challenge is so unique and fun that I couldn't resist! I actually finished it last year and have high hopes for this year! You can check the website for more details and if you want to sign up.

The basics

The challenge runs from January to December. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories (examples of books you could choose are in brackets):

  1. A word including ‘ing’ in it (The Time Of Singing, Dancing To The Flute, Lex Trent Fighting With Fire) My examples are verbs but you can of course use other words.
  2. A colour (The Red Queen, White Truffles In Winter, On Gold Mountain)
  3. A familial relation (Daughter Of Smoke And Bone, Dombey And Son, My Cousin Rachel) By all means include in-laws, step, and halves.
  4. A body of water (The River Of No Return, Black Lake, Beside The Sea)
  5. A city (Barcelona Shadows, Shanghai Girls, Under The Tripoli Sky)
  6. An animal (Black Swan Rising, The Leopard Unleashed, The Horse And His Boy)

Extra information


  • Books can be any format (print, audio, ebook).
  • It’s preferred that the books don’t overlap with other challenges, but not a requirement at all.
  • Books cannot overlap categories (for instance my example of Black Swan Rising for ‘an animal’ could be used for the ‘colour’ category or ‘animal’ category, but not both).
  • Creativity for matching the categories is not only allowed, it’s encouraged!
  • You don’t have to make your list of books beforehand, you can choose them as you go.
  • You don’t have to read your chosen books in any particular order.

I have some ideas for a couple of the categories, but am open to suggestions if you know of any good reads that will fit! Wish me luck!




6 comments:

  1. I do love this challenge so much! But I'm always falling down on the job- so I'm not signing up for any challenges (other than #FitReaders and the Goodreads challenge). However, I copied the challenge down, just to see if I can complete it reading what I've already planned on reading. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wasn't going to sign up for any challenges this year, but couldn't resist the categories this year! They always come up with such unique and fun ideas! Hope you're able to complete it, officially or not. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh this sounds fun, and I can easily think of books for each category. Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fun! I look forward to seeing what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, as I haven't come up with any matches yet! At least I have an entire year. ha!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u