My Book Haul 1/3/15 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 1/3/15

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, January 3, 2015

My Book Haul 1/3/15

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.


NetGalley:


Worlds by Joe Haldeman
Worlds by Joe Haldeman

By the author of The Forever War: In the near future, an idealistic young student visiting Earth from an orbiting colony becomes ensnared in radical politics and a dark conspiracy of violent destruction. (Goodreads)

***

Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne
Since You've Been Gone by Mary Jennifer Payne

Is it possible to outrun your past? Fifteen-year-old Edie Fraser and her mother, Sydney, have been trying to do just that for five years. Now, things have gone from bad to worse. Not only has Edie had to move to another new school she's in a different country. (Goodreads)

Gifts:

I have the best friends ever! Look what my friend Tammy (Bo's Book Nook) sent me! Some books she had picked up at Comic Con, my favorite candy (Rowntree Fruit Gums), and Dr. Who Titans figures! Isn't it awesome to have such great book friends? Love that girl!

Tammy gifts
Dead Things by Stephen Blackmoore
Thud by Terry Pratchett
Witches of Echo Park by Amber Benson
Prey by Tom Isbell


What did you receive this week?

15 comments:

  1. I love great friends (and friends who love books)! Looks like you got some great books here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having friends is awesome. I love when friends send great books. Hope you love having awesome books this week.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Book friends are the best!

      Delete
  3. I see some Doctor Who...awesome! Enjoy your new books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm developing a pretty cool Dr. Who collection!

      Delete
  4. Looks like some good books. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, it's great having book lover's as friends!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely pile of books! Dead Things sounds good, and of course, Dr. Who and book bloggers seem to go hand in hand. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's funny how Dr Who and book bloggers seem to go hand in hand, isn't it? :)

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thanks Carrie! Love my book buddies!

      Delete
  8. Oooo. Looking good. :) I'm working on my book haul for Sunday's post. I just hope I can get it done as it's all of December, and there were TONS of free ebooks that I picked up. lol. Hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u