Saturday, January 17, 2015

My Book Haul 1/17/15

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Lauren Oliver is one of my favorite authors, so was thrilled to receive an email invitation to review her newest book! Can't wait to see what she's come up with this time!

Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver
Vanishing Girls by Lauren Oliver

New York Times bestselling author Lauren Oliver delivers a gripping story about two sisters inexorably altered by a terrible accident. (Goodreads)

***

This is a little outside my comfort zone, but I read an excerpt and was intrigued enough to give it a read. Hope it lives up to its promise!

Last Words by Rich Zahradnik
Last Words by Rich Zahradnik

In March of 1975, as New York City hurtles toward bankruptcy and the Bronx burns, newsman Coleridge Taylor roams police precincts and ERs. He is looking for the story that will deliver him from obits, his place of exile at the Messenger-Telegram. Ever since he was demoted from the police beat for inventing sources, the 34-year-old has been a lost soul. (Goodreads)

***

This was a surprise in my mailbox and I'm a little confused why anyone would think it's a good fit for me, as I don't even like war movies. Think I'll try to find it a new home, as I doubt I'll ever get around to reading it. Unsolicited books are getting weird for me....


Global Predator by Jack Maclean
Global Predator by Jack Maclean

High above the mountains of the North West Frontier, a Global Predator circles waiting to unleash its Hellfire missiles. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?

12 comments:

  1. I cannot wait to read Vanishing Girls!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lauren Oliver book looks SO GOOD. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Lauren Oliver book looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! She's such an incredibly talented author, plus a really, really nice person! :)

      Delete
  4. Yay for new reads! Hope you enjoy them. Have seen a lot of good about Oliver :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Hope you're able to read Lauren soon, as she's awesome!

      Delete
  5. Do hope you enjoy your new reads. :) I didn't get my Sunday update post up this week, still trying to get back in the swing of things. Hope you have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know just how you feel, as I'm still trying to get my rhythm back too!

      Delete
  6. I want to read that Lauren Oliver book, too. I love the way she writes. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren is one of my favorite authors, so really looking forward to reading this one!

      Delete