Friday, January 2, 2015

31Days Day 2: Time for Spring Cleaning

Parajunkee is hosting a Better Blogging Challenge again this year. She hosted something similar for 2014 and I had fun taking part, so thought I'd try it again this year! I like that the challenge is pretty flexible and you're not locked into doing every single task.

31 Days of Better Blogging

Day 2: Time for Spring Cleaning

Today's task is to do a bit of spring cleaning on your blog. Look at your sidebars and remove anything extra that you don’t need, remove widgets and plugins that are taking up space.

Sidebars

There weren't too many things on my sidebars that needed updating, but I did remove my old challenges and replace them with this year's model. I also removed some tour badges for partners I no longer work with. For some reason, I can't get my Page tabs back, so need to work on a solution as I'd rather have them across the top than on the side.

Anything in particular you'd like to see?

Blogroll

I updated my blogroll to add some new blogs I started following, but left most of the old favorites. I usually use Bloglovin' to visit blogs, but this gives me a heads up if someone has posted something new. Thinking about rotating the blogs I list, but not sure how so will keep this idea on the backburner for now.

Links

This will be a work in progress, as apparently there are an awful lot of broken links on my blog. I used Dead Link Checker, but there are quite a few out there.

6 comments:

  1. Finally a wee challenge I can actually do :)

    Hope you had a nice new year celebrations and here is to many fabulous new reads.

    Lainy http://www.alwaysreading.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's strange to be doing Spring Cleaning during the winter, but I'm looking at it as a way to start the new year off on the right foot! And may we both have more fabulous reads than we know what to do with! :)

      Delete
  2. I think things look great. Cleaning up my blog always overwhelms me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to do things in small increments so they aren't so overwhelming. That's why I'm going to take my time with the dead links, as there's just too many to do in one session. I think 15 minutes a session should work!

      Delete
  3. I just did some spring cleaning on my blog the other day, it is definitely a good idea to do!
    Missie @ A Flurry of Ponderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to remember to do this more than once every 3-4 years!

      Delete