31Days Challenge: Days 18, 19, and 22 catch-up | Alexia's Books and Such: 31Days Challenge: Days 18, 19, and 22 catch-up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, January 24, 2015

31Days Challenge: Days 18, 19, and 22 catch-up

Parajunkee is hosting a Better Blogging Challenge again this year. She hosted something similar for 2014 and I had fun taking part, so thought I'd try it again this year! I like that the challenge is pretty flexible and you're not locked into doing every single task.

Still playing catch-up after a wicked bout of the flu!

31 Days of Better Blogging

Day 18:  Social Network...Go!

Your task today is to check out a new social network.

Rachel lists four new social network sites that she thinks are worth checking out:  Tsu, Medium, Learnist, and Secret.

The only one of these that I've heard of is Tsu, but only because I followed Kevin Hearne there. I followed him from Facebook to Google+ to Tsu. Hope he settles down soon and picks a social media platform, as I'm exhausted! ha!

I like the looks of Tsu because it's pretty intuitive and reminds me of Facebook. I've found a handful of authors and book bloggers there, but haven't explored it in depth yet. If you want to join, here's my link.

Day 19:  Change It Up

Your task today is to change something in your blogging routine.

While schedules and routine can be good, changing things up a bit can stimulate creativity and freshen things up.

I'm not ready to change my blog design, but am thinking about taking part in a new meme. Just have to find one I really like, so am open to suggestions!

Also like Rachel's suggestion about changing the time we post. I usually schedule my posts for the morning, but maybe I'll try posting them in the evenings instead when more people are home and online.

Day 22:  Check Under the SEO Hood

Your task today is to check how well your SEO is doing.

Have to admit that I'm not 100% sure what SEO is exactly, so need to read a few tutorials. I know that I have several dead links that I need to deal with, but not sure where to go from there.

Rachel does suggest having unique post titles, but most of my posts are reviews so not a whole lot I can do to jazz those up. I follow a few blogs that create eye-catching titles, but you wouldn't know that they were reviews until you clicked. I like full transparency and to call a review a review, but it's certainly something to think about....

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't always say Review in my title, but if I'm writing the name of the book and the author, you can be pretty sure it's a book review. haha In general, fun titles are nice though. It just depends on the post, like you said.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good point! I'm thinking about adding my first reaction to the book to my title, but might play around with this idea first.

      Delete
  3. I don't know whether to thank you or not for sharing these networking sites. I already spend too much time on FB and yet admit to being drawn to the possibility of other sites much as a moth is drawn to a flame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love checking out new sites too! Have to admit that I've never quite gotten the hand of Google+ and don't care for Tumblr, but these new sites look promising.

      Delete
  4. Oh this is a great idea. I'm just not at a point where I can do it at that time this year. But I'm with you on the titles of posts. I like reviews to be classified as such, because if I'm running tight on time, I will go to those first.

    Great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! In all honesty, I'm not very creative and that's probably why my post titles are so straightforward.

      Delete
  5. Kudos to you for keeping this up almost everyday. I do love to see what you are being tasked to accomplish, how realistic the goal is for you and how you are going to achieve it.

    Had I been doing this, I would have fallen flat in the water. So, keep up the good work!

    I'm glad to see you're posting regularly again. It seems this challenge has helped with that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now I feel guilty that I fell off the posting wagon again! ha! *climbs back onto the wagon*

      Delete
  6. I look for the word review when slogging through all the blogs out there. I think your wise to keep the word. It will attract views and followers.

    I'm not so sure about the change of time, but that's me. I go where I want when I want using feedly and it keeps me in touch with all my favorites. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Think I'll definitely keep Review in my titles, as that's what I look for when scanning posts. And I've been playing around with posting times, but it's too early to tell if it makes any difference. I read via Bloglovin, so post time doesn't really matter on there.

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u