The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa | Alexia's Books and Such: The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, December 29, 2014

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa
The Secret Santa exchange hosted by the ladies over at The Broke & the Bookish is one of my favorite swaps! For some reason, it's just more fun shopping for a fellow book lover! There's an added layer of excitement that isn't there for other exchanges.

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa
I was a good girl this year and waited until Christmas to open my package. My Secret Santa was Alex from Booksy Daisy Reviews, and she did a fantastic job! Look at all of the goodies she sent me! There was even a little Santa stocking full of more packages! You can't see them from this angle, but the packages had little notes on them explaining why she chose the item. Such a clever idea!

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa
The goodies unwrapped! It's like Alex has known me for years and I feel so spoiled!

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa
My new books!
Seraphina - I love dragons, so Alex thought I could give this one a good home! Looks good!
Fire - Alex loved this story and had to send me a copy when she saw it on my wishlist!
Talon - the newest book from one of my favorite authors!

The Broke & the Bookish Secret Santa
The non-book goodies.
My favorite candy - red Twizzlers
Magnetic page clips - such a cute idea for bookmarks!
Godiva milk chocolate bar - yum!
A Dr. Who Titans toy of the 6th Doctor - love Dr. Who!


Alex, I can't thank you enough for my presents! I couldn't have picked out anything better, and it's like you've known me for years! I love absolutely everything, and can't wait to start reading my new books!

Anyone else take part in a Secret Santa exchange this year? Would love to see what you got!

8 comments:

  1. Oh that is fun! I wish I would have got in on this, I really enjoy the bookish exchanges!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I joined several, but this one is my favorite!

      Delete
  2. Aw, you got some wonderful items. I do really like shopping for other book lovers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I enjoy shopping for gifts, there's just something about shopping for a book-lover that makes it more fun! :)

      Delete
  3. What a fun package! Book lovers always know what to buy for each other.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never been disappointed with this exchange, as book people make the best gift givers!

      Delete
  4. How fun! I love the little magnetic bookmarks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I collect bookmarks and these are really fun and unique! Love them!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u