November Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such...: November Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

November Wrap Up

library-6

Trying to get back into the swing of things, so thought this wrap-up might help.

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. No way will I make my goal because of the huge reading slump these past four months, but pleasantly surprised that I've managed to read 7 books:

  1. Redeemed by PC Cast & Kristin Cast
  2. A Vision of Fire by Gillian Anderson & Jeff Rovin
  3. Captive by Aimee Carter
  4. Brazen by Kelley Armstrong
  5. When by Victoria Laurie
  6. Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
  7. Superheroes Anonymous by Lexis Dunn

Commenting

Another month of no blog hopping. Getting back into blogging is harder than expected. I miss it, but can't seem to muster the energy. Think I need to set myself some small goals as crossing items off a list seems to motivate me. Maybe start with visiting 1-2 blogs a day to get me back in the mood?

Overall

Recovery from my knee replacement has been slow. I flunked out of physical therapy after 4 months because there was nothing else they could do for me. Should be depressing, but I found it funny. I mean, who flunks out of PT? And at least they didn't keep taking my money, knowing that they couldn't help me.

I have a torture device knee brace I wear 3 times a day for 30 minute sessions to slowly straighten my leg, plus a huge list of exercises that's supposed to help. Doctor reminded me (yet again) that while most people recover quickly, my journey will take longer because I was in such bad shape to begin with. This is one time I really wish I was average! ha!

Am slowly but surely recovering my love of reading, which is a good sign! Still spending way too much time on Facebook and watching bad TV, but I'm getting there. I've been to the bookstore a few times and just being surrounded by books is therapeutic in and of itself.

Here's to a better December, and a rocking 2015!

7 comments:

  1. Hoping your got up and go hasn't got up and gone and that you get your blogging mojo back but all in your own good time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy! It's slow going, but I'll get there one of these days!

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about the slow and painful recovery. I hope you feel better soon.
    You did well for books. Happy December reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm happy that my reading mojo is slowly returning, as I've missed my books!

      Delete
  3. I'm glad you are feeling a bit better! I flunked out of PT twice, so it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Glad to hear that I'm not the only one to flunk out of PT! I wanted to use an x-ray of my knee and the caption "Flunked out of physical therapy" as our holiday card this year, but DH said no. He's no fun! ;)

      Delete
  4. Oh dear! I do hope the leg cooperates with you. Those bionics have a mind of their own. ;D Glad to see you are well, even with the slow recovering knee. It is hard to get back into blogging once you've been away for a while. I'm struggling myself. So I'm starting small again, like I did at the very beginning. :) Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u