My Book Haul 11/15/2014 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 11/15/2014

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, November 15, 2014

My Book Haul 11/15/2014

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

I don't remember requesting this title and it's not my usual type of read, but it sounds interesting.

Love, Lucy
Love, Lucy by April Lindner

While backpacking through Florence, Italy, during the summer before she heads off to college, 17-year-old Lucy Sommersworth finds herself falling in love with the culture, the architecture, the food...and Jesse Palladino, a handsome street musician. After a whirlwind romance, Lucy returns home, determined to move on from her "vacation flirtation." But just because summer is over doesn't mean Lucy and Jesse are over, too. (Goodreads)


Won:

Won this from a Birchbox contest for their monthly bookclub. I think Amy Poehler is one of the funniest people around and I'm looking forward to reading her story!

Yes Please
Yes Please by Amy Poehler

 In Amy Poehler’s highly anticipated first book, Yes Please, she offers up a big juicy stew of personal stories, funny bits on sex and love and friendship and parenthood and real life advice (some useful, some not so much), like when to be funny and when to be serious. Powered by Amy’s charming and hilarious, biting yet wise voice, Yes Please is a book is full of words to live by. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?


3 comments:

  1. Oooo! I have Love Lucy on my wishlist! I'll be looking forward to your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy reading. How is the new knee doing?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice haul! I actually am drawn to the first one...in fact, I think I shall add it to my own wish list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u