My Book Haul 10/18/14 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 10/18/14

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, October 18, 2014

My Book Haul 10/18/14

My Book Haul

While I've tried to be good during my convalescence, there were a few books that I simply couldn't resist. Some were review requests, some from NetGalley, and some purchased. In my defense, this is about a month's worth of mail. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

Redeemed by PC Cast & Kristin Cast
Redeemed by PC Cast & Kristin Cast

In the final electrifying novel in the HoN series, Neferet has finally made herself known to mortals. A Dark Goddess is loose on Tulsa and the world. No single vampyre is strong enough to vanquish her - unless that creature has the power to summon the elements as well as the ability to wield Old Magick. Only Zoey Redbird is heir to such power…but because of the consequences of using Old Magick, she is unable to help. Find out who will win and who will lose in this epic battle of Light versus Darkness. (Goodreads)

***

Children can have a cruel, absolute sense of justice. Children can kill a monster and feel quite proud of themselves. A girl can look at her brother and believe they’re destined to be a knight and a bard who battle evil. She can believe she’s found the thing she’s been made for. (Goodreads)

***

Vision of Fire by Gillian Anderson and Jeff Rovin
Vision of Fire by Gillian Anderson and Jeff Rovin

  The first novel from iconic X-Files star Gillian Anderson and New York Times bestselling author Jeff Rovin: a science fiction thriller of epic proportions. (Goodreads)

NetGalley:

Unbreakable by Kami Garcia
Unbreakable by Kami Garcia

 Supernatural meets The Da Vinci Code in this action-packed paranormal thriller, the first book in a new series from New York Times bestselling author Kami Garcia. (Goodreads)

***


Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers
Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

Seventeen-year-old Ismae escapes from the brutality of an arranged marriage into the sanctuary of the convent of St. Mortain, where the sisters still serve the gods of old. Here she learns that the god of Death Himself has blessed her with dangerous gifts--and a violent destiny. If she chooses to stay at the convent, she will be trained as an assassin and serve as a handmaiden to Death. To claim her new life, she must destroy the lives of others. (Goodreads)

***


Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers
Dark Triumph by Robin LaFevers 

 When Sybella arrived at the doorstep of St Mortain half mad with grief and despair the convent were only too happy to offer her refuge - but at a price. The sisters of this convent serve Death, and with Sybella naturally skilled in both the arts of death and seduction, she could become one of their most dangerous weapons. (Goodreads)

Purchased:

Festive in Death by JD Robb
Festive in Death by JD Robb

Eve Dallas deals with a homicide - and the holiday season - in the latest from the #1 New York Times bestselling author.

Won:

I won a contest on Fantasy Literature.com! Thrilled that they had a Kelley Armstrong book that I haven't read, as she's one of my favorites!

Brazen by Kelley Armstrong
Brazen by Kelley Armstrong 

Nick Sorrentino knows everyone in the supernatural world considers him the Pack’s playboy, the pretty but not very useful werewolf whose only reputation involves his amorous exploits. 

It’s time for Nick to prove he’s not just a lover. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week?


9 comments:

  1. Amazing haul! Hope you have a happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to reading Dark Triumph and The Darkest Part of the Forest.

    Happy reading and sending good vibes for speedy knee healing :-))

    Karen @ For What It's Worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW - I was just browsing through & stumbled upon your lovely blog - It looks gorgeous and it has interesting posts that I can relate to. I have to check out these new reads! I'm now following you via gfc, Hope you check out my blog? keep in touch love x

    Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh The Darkest Part of the Forest. Love Holly Black!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think you went too overboard for a whole month. It could have been MUCH worse. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great selection. I wouldn't know where to begin reading though I'm thinking The Darkest Part Of The Forest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the list. I know there are at least two titles I'm going to read. Hope you are taking care of yourself. You be good now. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  8. Do hope you enjoy these. Holly Black and Armstrong books in that stack. Cool! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Terrible blogging buddy! I didn't realize you had surgery!!! I saw your mention of convalescing and went back through posts! Take care of yourself!

    Now on to the books- shut up! I mus thave the Gillian Anderson book! Love her!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u