July Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such...: July Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, August 3, 2014

July Wrap Up

library-6

Hoping that monthly wrap up posts will help keep me on track this year!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read 7 books this month:

  1. Shattered by Kevin Hearne
  2. The City by Dean Koontz
  3. Stay With Me by Alison Gaylin
  4. Help For the Haunted by John Searles
  5. No Limits by Lori Foster
  6. Personal by Lee Child
  7. The Bees by Laline Paull

Commenting

Started off strong for the month and easily made my goal of commenting on 5-10 blogs per day for the first half of the month, then went on sabbatical for my knee operation. August will be slow as I know I won't be online very often, but should be back in the swing of things by September!

Overall

In a way, I'm surprised I managed to read seven books last month. I actually took two books to the hospital with me, thinking I'd have plenty of time to read. Obviously, I've never been in the hospital before or I would have known better. Took me several days after I got home before I even felt like reading, and even then I could only manage a magazine. My husband said he knew I was feeling better when I actually picked up a book. Go me!

I'm currently using a walker and going to physical therapy three times a week. My at-home exercises take a few hours every day, but progress seems slow. I know it's only been a little over a week, but I'm impatient. I get tired easily and find myself falling asleep at odd times, even in the middle of reading. The horror! ;)

Thanks for all of the good wishes! It means a lot to know that people care.

9 comments:

  1. Glad to hear all went well and you are on the mend albeit it slowly. Seven books is pretty good going and especially given the circumstances.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good month! Happy August reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you're on your way to healing! Take it easy and don't pressure yourself. Hope you read some awesome books this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think if I tried to do a monthly wrap-up I'd cry myself to sleep. I always want to do so much but end up doing so little. Glad you're feeling well enough to post. I was expecting you to be running silent another week or two. As ever, I bow in the glow of your goddessness. I am not worthy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate being sick or hurt, when you just don't have the energy for things. I hope you start feeling better, and that's great the surgery part went well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Laline Paull's The Bees fairly recently and thought it was AMAZING! Get well soon :)

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice to see the post, it lets me know you`ll be back when you`re ready.

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been thinking about you and it's good to hear that things are going well, despite them going slow. Take your time and heal well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are moving right along. :) I seem to have stalled out some where. *sigh* And seeing this post reminded me I have to update my writerly one for July. :) Have a great August!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u