Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite TV Shows | Alexia's Books and Such: Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite TV Shows

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite TV Shows

 photo toptentuesday.jpg
Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I haven't done one of these in awhile, but it's always fun! 

This week's topic is:

 Favorite TV Shows

  1. Dr. Who - My first Doctor was Tom Baker, towards the end of his reign. I was particularly fond of Peter Davison, who became a vet on "All Creatures Great and Small" after his time in the Tardis was done. Looking forward to the newest Doctor, as I think Matt Smith will be a tough act to follow!

  2. Buffy the Vampire Slayer - How could you not love a cheerleader turned Slayer? Demons, vampires, high school...scary stuff! And Spike! Loved Spike!

  3. Angel - One of the few spin-offs that I loved just as much as the original!

  4. La Femme Nikita - So in love with this show when it first came out, but disappointed in the ending. To tell the truth, I never actually watched the last episode as I read the spoilers and hated the sound of it. If I didn't watch it, then it didn't really happen, right? *L*

  5. Grimm - One of my favorite shows! Actually love the supporting players more than the main character in this one, but still a great show!

  6. The Blacklist - I'm a little surprised at how much I like this show, as I usually don't watch spy thrillers. James Spader is amazing, and the storylines are always interesting! One of my "must watch" shows!

  7. The Big Bang Theory - No matter how many times I see an episode, it still makes me laugh every time!

  8. Once Upon A Time - Who knew I'd wind up feeling sorry for the Evil Queen? Or that I'd actually grow to like Snow White, one of the most annoying Disney princesses around? Love how this show puts a unique twist on old fairy tale characters!

  9. Once Upon A Time in Wonderland - Was sad when I heard that this one got cancelled, as I loved the twist it put on Alice's story. And who doesn't love a sexy genie?

  10. The Americans - Another surprise on my list, as I wasn't sure what to expect from a story of two Russian spies living the American Dream. But I've become invested in their story, worried that their marriage would suffer, and wondered if Elizabeth would betray Phillip. Such a good show!

There are so many shows that could have made this list, so it was hard to narrow it down to only ten! I went with the ones I never failed to watch/tape. How I Met Your Mother would have made this list last year, but the finale ruined the entire show for me. Firefly, The Goldbergs, Newsroom, and Star Trek: Next Generation were all honorable mentions. 

Looking forward to seeing what shows made everyone's lists! Let me know if I missed anything?

17 comments:

  1. Buffy and Angel! The Big Bang Theory! Grimm! All fantastic shows.

    I never watched HIMYM, but a lot of my coworkers do and I haven't seen so many pissed off people in one place over a TV show like that before! And when I heard what happened I can agree that it sucks t

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, that finale did seem to annoy an awful lot of people. I can't even watch the reruns anymore as it made me so mad! :(

      Delete
  2. Great choices. Once Upon A Time is such a great show, and I love Dr Who! The Big Bang Theory makes me laugh so much as well :)

    Check out my TTT!

    I’m also currently running a Giveaway!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Big Bang is funny no matter how many times you've seen an episode! Love those guys!

      Delete
  3. I do love Doctor Who! I'm almost through Matt Smith's first season, so I need to get caught up before the next doctor. I like the actor, so I think he can pull it off!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Matt Smith is awesome! And Amy & Rory are two of my favorite companions. Hope you love them as much as I do!

      Delete
  4. We agree on so much. I loved most of your choices like: Buffy, Angel, Firefly and Dr Who. You even picked my favorite doctors. This is just too funny and in such a good way. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love that we have similar tastes! :)

      Delete
  5. I totally missed most of the Buffy years when it was actually on TV, but I fully intend to watch it all on Netflix one of these days! Big Bang Theory is one of my favorites, too. Not many shows can make me laugh so hard!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love the Big Bang, no matter how many times I see an episode! Hope you're able to catch up with Buffy, as that's one of the shows that just kept getting better and better!

      Delete
  6. Fab list! Mine is here if you'd like to take a look. I also have Buffy, although was never as much of a fan of Angel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually preferred Angelis sometimes, as there's just something about those bad boy vamps....

      Delete
  7. I love Doctor Who and Grimm! Grimm is even filmed in my state, which is cool

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u