Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. I haven't done one of these in awhile, but it's always fun!
This week's topic is:
Favorite TV Shows
- Dr. Who - My first Doctor was Tom Baker, towards the end of his reign. I was particularly fond of Peter Davison, who became a vet on "All Creatures Great and Small" after his time in the Tardis was done. Looking forward to the newest Doctor, as I think Matt Smith will be a tough act to follow!
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer - How could you not love a cheerleader turned Slayer? Demons, vampires, high school...scary stuff! And Spike! Loved Spike!
- Angel - One of the few spin-offs that I loved just as much as the original!
- La Femme Nikita - So in love with this show when it first came out, but disappointed in the ending. To tell the truth, I never actually watched the last episode as I read the spoilers and hated the sound of it. If I didn't watch it, then it didn't really happen, right? *L*
- Grimm - One of my favorite shows! Actually love the supporting players more than the main character in this one, but still a great show!
- The Blacklist - I'm a little surprised at how much I like this show, as I usually don't watch spy thrillers. James Spader is amazing, and the storylines are always interesting! One of my "must watch" shows!
- The Big Bang Theory - No matter how many times I see an episode, it still makes me laugh every time!
- Once Upon A Time - Who knew I'd wind up feeling sorry for the Evil Queen? Or that I'd actually grow to like Snow White, one of the most annoying Disney princesses around? Love how this show puts a unique twist on old fairy tale characters!
- Once Upon A Time in Wonderland - Was sad when I heard that this one got cancelled, as I loved the twist it put on Alice's story. And who doesn't love a sexy genie?
- The Americans - Another surprise on my list, as I wasn't sure what to expect from a story of two Russian spies living the American Dream. But I've become invested in their story, worried that their marriage would suffer, and wondered if Elizabeth would betray Phillip. Such a good show!
There are so many shows that could have made this list, so it was hard to narrow it down to only ten! I went with the ones I never failed to watch/tape. How I Met Your Mother would have made this list last year, but the finale ruined the entire show for me. Firefly, The Goldbergs, Newsroom, and Star Trek: Next Generation were all honorable mentions.
Looking forward to seeing what shows made everyone's lists! Let me know if I missed anything?