My Book Haul 7/19/14 | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul 7/19/14

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, July 19, 2014

My Book Haul 7/19/14

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

Gifts:

My friend Tammy over at Bo's Book Nook sent me a boxful of awesome! She picked up a few books for me at BEA this year since I wasn't able to attend, but I wasn't expecting so many. Thank you Tammy! It's good to have good friends! 

Tammy's awesome gift! - Alexia's Books and Such
This Shattered World by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
The Forgotten Girls by Sara Blaedel
Zodiac by Romina Russell
Vampires of Manhattan by Melissa de la Cruz
Rooms by Lauren Oliver

The awesomeness continues! - Alexia's Books and Such
Mary: The Summoning by Hillary Monahan
Evil Librarian by Michelle Knudsen
Killer Instinct by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
Jackaby by William Ritter
We Should Hang Out Sometime by Josh Sundquist
Falling Into Place by Amy Zhang
Invisible by Dawn Metcalf
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis 

But wait, there's more! - Alexia's Books and Such
Not only did Tammy send me a boxful of lovely books, but she also included a very cool tote bag, an Ally Condie sampler, and some great swag! The magnet is already front and center on my fridge, proclaiming to all that Authors Are My Rock Stars! Thank you so very, very much!!!

Oddest mail of the week:


what the heck? - Alexia's Books and Such
This has got to be, hands down, the oddest thing I've ever received in the mail. It's basically an office supply catalog, addressed to me with my name and blog name. While fascinating to browse, sad to say that I do not need 500 mailing envelopes, gigantic rolls of plastic wrap, or 1,000 sheets of packing paper. I can only assume that they got my name and address from a publisher, as that's the only mail I receive with my blog name. Why they would think that a book blogger would need bulk office supplies is beyond me. Very odd....


What did you receive this week?

8 comments:

  1. That was very nice of Tammy to send you over ARCs from BEA. I hope you like em all. It's good to have thoughtful kind friends.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Friends who love books as much as you do are priceless!

      Delete
  2. That is a box full of awesome! I hope you enjoy them. :)

    It is strange that you would get a Uline catalog but I will confess to having a small obsession with office supplies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually saw a few things like mailing envelopes and packing supplies that I could use, but don't need 500-1000 of them! *L*

      Delete
  3. Whew, that is some awesome books!! Super jealous. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice haul! I'm really curious about Jackaby!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at all those lovely pretties you got. :) Hope you are having a great week this week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u