Becoming the Bionic Woman (or why I'll be offline for awhile) | Alexia's Books and Such: Becoming the Bionic Woman (or why I'll be offline for awhile)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Becoming the Bionic Woman (or why I'll be offline for awhile)

Going to be offline for awhile due to a bionic upgrade, aka knee replacement surgery. Not sure how long recovery will take, but I know I'm going to be extremely disappointed if I'm not able to leap tall buildings or make a cool gee-gee-gee sound when I run!

 photo 002.jpg
So many tests! I've learned that no matter where I go, people keep wanting to take my blood. Think I might have gotten on a Vampire Blood Donor list by mistake!

A very nice lady came by Sunday afternoon to set me up with my very own torture device! After I get home from the hospital, I have to strap my leg into this thing for a minimum of six hours a day. Luckily, I can split those six hours however I like, so I'm thinking three sessions of two hours each. 

 photo 005.jpg
Looking forward to all the books I'll be able to read during those sessions! I just have to lie there while the machine bends my leg for me. My kind of exercise! Read-a-thon, here I come!

So anyway, just wanted to explain why I'm going to be offline for a month or so. I'll try to schedule a couple of posts, but don't be alarmed if you come visit and the blog has gone radio silent.

funny gifs

Please send good vibes and happy thoughts my way! Light a candle. Sacrifice a chicken. Say a prayer. Whatever it takes! See you on the other side!


6 comments:

  1. Hope the surgery and recovery go well! You will definitely get lots of reading done - that's a plus.

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol. Love the bionic woman video. But seriously, all the best to you. Best of luck and wishing you a speedy recovery. :) Take care and I'll be looking for a knee update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here's to a speedy recovery,. My thoughts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you have a speedy recovery. I'm hoping you will have those super powers, cause I could count on you for protection.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u