Saturday, June 7, 2014

My Book Haul 6/7/14

Buzz Books YA 2014, The Bees by Laline Paull, and the Portals anthology
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

I love the buzz book samplers, and very excited to see one devoted to Young Adult titles! Thank you NetGalley!

Buzz Books YA 2014
Buzz Books YA 2014 

This inaugural edition of Buzz Books: Young Adult provides substantial pre-publication excerpts from more than 20 forthcoming young adult and middle grade books. Now everyone can share the same access to the newest YA voices the publishing industry is broadcasting for the fall/winter season.

***

This is one of the titles that caught my eye from the last buzz books sampler I read, so very happy to receive it via Amazon Vine!

The Bees by Laline Paull
The Bees by Laline Paull

The Handmaid's Tale meets The Hunger Games in this brilliantly imagined debut set in an ancient culture where only the queen may breed and deformity means death.

***

One of my blogging buddies has a short story in this anthology, so very excited and honored to be part of her upcoming blog tour! You rock, Anna! 

Portals anthology
Portals anthology 

No matter what world you call home, and what your station in life, there are just some paths that weren't meant to be tread.

Swapped:

I took part in a Reddit gift exchange and received the below. He saw that I was a reader so sent me one of his favorite books. Also sent me a Dr. Who item from my Amazon wishlist. I always love discovering new authors and seeing what other readers love, so excited to read this one! And Dr. Who! Yea!

Penpal by Dathan Auerbach & Dr. Who Tardis gelatin/cake molds
Penpal by Dathan Auerbach

Penpal began as a series of short and interconnected stories posted on an online horror forum. Before long, it was adapted into illustrations, audio recordings, and short films; and that was before it was revised and expanded into a novel!



What did you receive this week?

5 comments:

  1. Oh love that Doctor Who mold. It would be great for the DW party I'm planning this month. aha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, the Buzz Books sounds good! Nice haul!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have Bees, but Portal looks ooooooh good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm totally intrigued by the very thought of The Handmaid's Tale meets The Hunger Games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo, Portals has my eye. :) Thanks! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete