My Book Haul 6/28/14 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 6/28/14

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, June 28, 2014

My Book Haul 6/28/14

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

The synopsis of this one sounded too intriguing to pass up! From her parent's unique profession to the hint that her sister may have been involved with their disappearance, I couldn't resist this one!

Help for the Haunted - Alexia's Books and Such
Help For the Haunted by John Searles

It begins with a call in the middle of snowy February evening. Lying in her bed, young Sylvie Mason overhears her parents on the phone across the hall. This is not the first late-night call they have received, since her mother and father have an uncommon occupation, helping "haunted souls" find peace. And yet, something in Sylvie senses that this call is different than the rest, especially when they are lured to the old church on the outskirts of town. Once there, her parents disappear, one after the other, behind the church's red door, leaving Sylvie alone in the car. Not long after, she drifts off to sleep only to wake to the sound of gunfire.


***

Lori Foster is one of my go-to authors, where I know that she'll deliver a good story with interesting characters. Excited to read Cannon's story, as I really liked him in earlier books!

No Limits - Alexia's Books and Such
No Limits by Lori Foster

A surprise inheritance reunites a mixed martial arts fighter with the woman he's never forgotten in the first in a smoldering new series from New York Times bestselling author Lori Foster…




What did you receive this week?


3 comments:

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u