My Book Haul 6/14/14 | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul 6/14/14

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, June 14, 2014

My Book Haul 6/14/14

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

I'm a huge Dean Koontz fan, so very excited that I was approved by NetGalley to review this one! He has yet to let me down, so can't wait to read this one!

The City by Dean Koontz

The City by Dean Koontz

 The unforgettable saga of a young man coming of age within a remarkable family, and a shimmering portrait of the world that shaped him, The City is a novel that speaks to everyone, a dazzling realization of the evergreen dreams we all share. Brilliantly illumined by magic dark and light, it’s a place where enchantment and malice entwine, courage and honor are found in the most unexpected quarters, and the way forward lies buried deep inside the heart.

***
Some of my favorite authors are in this unique anthologies, so am thrilled to be part of the upcoming blog tour by Meryl L Moss Media Relations! I also received a blog tour badge with the author's signatures on the back. Very cool!

 photo faceoff.jpg
Face Off anthology

Edited by #1 New York Times bestselling author David Baldacci and including stories by Michael Connelly, Lee Child, Jeffery Deaver, and more, this one-of-a-kind anthology pulls together the most beloved characters from the best and most popular thriller series today. Worlds collide!

***

I've read Chevy Stevens before, so am excited to review her newest book. Read an excerpt online and it hooked me from page one, which is always a good sign!

 photo thatnight.jpg
That Night by Chevy Stevens

As a teenager, Toni Murphy had a life full of typical adolescent
complications: a boyfriend she adored, a younger sister she couldn't relate to, a strained relationship with her parents, and classmates who seemed hell-bent on making her life miserable. Things weren't easy, but Toni could never have predicted how horrific they would become until her younger sister was brutally murdered one summer night.

Swapped:

I joined a bookmark exchange on Reddit.com and received a lovely handmade bookmark! I collect bookmarks, and this one is awesome!

bookmark
Beautiful quote from Stephen King, complete with cool dragon drawing!



What did you receive this week?

13 comments:

  1. Interesting haul of books. Some of these are new to me.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. My library is being super slow about processing new books right now, but I'm first on the waiting list for FaceOff, and I can't wait until I can finally get it.

    (I also love that bookmark... one of my favorite quotes.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always get so excited when the library calls to let me know when my books are in! And congrats on being first on the list! I was never that lucky, as I'm usually too slow to request a new book. *L*

      Delete
    2. My library has a purchase request form on their website, which is how I get on the hold list for my most anticipated books. About a month out from the release date, if they don't already have the book listed in the catalog (books are added once they're on order), I'll put in a request form for it.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Isn't it awesome? I love that she sent me something so gorgeous for my collection!

      Delete
  4. The City sounds interesting! Looks like you had a nice week. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing how my haul keeps growing, no matter how many times I remind myself to just say no. Books are my weakness! *L*

      Delete
  5. The bookmark exchange sounds like a wonderful idea and something I might consider signing up to myself.

    Enjoy your books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure when they're doing the next one, but I'll let you know! I love bookmarks!

      Delete
  6. I haven't read a new Koontz book in years. I wonder if I would like his new stuff the way I enjoyed him in high school and college.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He has yet to disappoint me, so hope you give him another try!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u