May Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such: May Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, June 2, 2014

May Wrap Up

library-6

It's a brand new year, so thought I'd try some new things on the blog. My theme for the year is Discipline, so hoping that monthly wrap up posts will help keep me on track!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read only 6 books this month:

  1. Sea of Shadows by Kelley Armstrong
  2. Tales of the Hidden World by Simon R. Green
  3. Divided by Elsie Chapman
  4. One Hundred Names by Cecelia Ahern
  5. Reflections of Queen Snow White by David Meredeth
  6. Frozen by Erin Bowman

Commenting

Another uneven month. I'll go a few days where I'm a commenting fool, then have a dry spell. Consistency seems to be a problem this year, not sure why.....

Overall

May was not a good month for me overall. Realized that May is my blogoversary, not April as I previously thought. Think I got it mixed up with my April wedding anniversary, but all evidence points to my blog starting in May. Feel like a total doofus for not knowing. Major duh! Was going to write a special post to commemorate my five year blogoversary, but never got around to it. *sigh*

Was looking forward to taking part in Armchair BEA, but didn't get beyond writing the first post. Didn't manage to visit other participants either. Another sigh.

It seems weird to think that June is already here and half the year has come and gone. Where did the time go?


12 comments:

  1. lots of awesome books! awwww, it's ok that you forgot the blogoversary date!! no biggie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that it's not a big deal, but still feel a little silly. I was so convinced that I would have bet money that I started in April! Good thing I'm not a gambler! *L*

      Delete
  2. that is weird that half the year is over...ah well, summer allows me to read more because I can swim and read. lol

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time has a way of flying past.
    Happy June reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Freda! Hope you have a great summer!

      Delete
  4. Well, we're in a new month now. Time for a fresh start, and putting the past behind you. I admit though, I did laugh about you mixing up your anniversaries, hope you don't mind :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind, because it made me laugh too! I mean, who forgets their own anniversary? *L*

      Delete
  5. Hey, I'd still be thrilled with 6 books a month. :) I think you are doing very well. :) Here's to the next month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Hoping to get back on track this month, but I tend to balk at deadlines....even self-imposed deadlines! Yea, I'm a rebel. *L*

      Delete
  6. My 7 year blogiversary was last month and I didn't do a thing to commemorate it either. In fact, I haven't for a couple of years now. Oh well!

    I'm still going through some Armchair BEA posts, but there is no way I'm going to get to most of them. I just don't have the time with another move this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congrats on a great 7 years Tif! I only remembered it was my blogoversary when I started seeing other people celebrate theirs. Maybe I'll buy myself a cupcake to celebrate! :)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u