Saturday, May 24, 2014

My Book Haul (54)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Couldn't believe my eyes when I received a review offer for this one! Neil Gaiman? Yes please! (full disclosure: I have a major crush on this man and think he's a freakin' genius!)

The Art of Neil Gaiman
The Art of Neil Gaiman by Hayley Campbell

Utterly comprehensive, lavishly illustrated, The Art of Neil Gaiman is the fully authorized account of the life and work of one of the world's great storytellers. (Goodreads)

Purchased:

Even though my TBR pile is threatening to topple over on me, I couldn't resist downloading the sequel to Taken. Looking forward to seeing what happens next for Gray and his friends!

Frozen
Frozen by Erin Bowman

Gray Weathersby escaped from the primitive town of Claysoot expecting to find answers, but what he discovered shook him to the core: A ruthless dictator with absolute power. An army of young soldiers blinded by lies. And a growing rebellion determined to fight back. Now Gray has joined a team of rebels on a harsh, icy journey in search of allies who can help them set things right. But in a world built on lies, Gray must constantly question whether any ally - or enemy - is truly what they seem… (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?

5 comments:

  1. Funny you should mention Neil Gaiman as I have just read and reviewed Stardust which is the only book of his I've ever read.

    Hoping you enjoy both books, happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to get Frozen as well. Want to also find out what happens next.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to read more by Neil Gaiman, but I love the work I have read. That's so cool you got his biography for review. Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ugh, I need that Neil Gaiman book! *_*

    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read any of this man's work! Slapped wrists for me, I am thoroughly ashamed!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete