My Book Haul (53) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (53)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, May 17, 2014

My Book Haul (53)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

stay with me
Stay With Me by Alison Gaylin

Brenna Spector is held prisoner by the past. She has perfect memory, which allows her to recall in vivid and remarkable detail every moment of every day of her adult life. If only she could remember more from her child-hood . . . for she's still trying to unravel the mystery of her sister Clea's disappearance twenty-eight years ago when Clea was seventeen. But now her obsession with finding out what happened to Clea is taking a toll on her own teenage daughter, Maya, who's been very secretive lately. And when Maya goes missing, Brenna fears her worst nightmare has come true. (Goodreads)


***

Think Like a Freak
Think Like a Freak by Levitt & Dubner

Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner single-handedly showed the world that applying counter-intuitive approaches to everyday problems can bear surprising results.

Think Like A Freak will take readers further inside this special thought process, revealing a new way of approaching the decisions we make, the plans we create, and the morals we choose. It answers the question on the lips of everyone who’s read the previous books: How can I apply these ideas to my life? How do I make smarter, harder, and better decisions? How can I truly think like a freak? (Goodreads)

***

The Given

The Given by Vicki Pettersson

New York Times bestselling author Vicki Pettersson continues her breakout new supernatural noir mystery series as a fallen angel and a reporter team up to stop a drug cartel. (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?
Leave a link so I can stop by to say hello!

3 comments:

  1. Stay With Me sounds quite intriguing! And I like the books by Vicki Pettersson.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Vicki Petterson covers are so stunning and pretty. Enjoy your new books indeed.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo some great books! And I need to get to Vicki Petterson's series. :) Hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u