Book Review: I Am the Weapon | Alexia's Books and Such...: Book Review: I Am the Weapon

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, May 12, 2014

Book Review: I Am the Weapon

Book Review:  I Am The Weapon by Allen ZadoffI Am The Weapon by Allen Zadoff

eARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

Boy Nobody is the perennial new kid in school, the one few notice and nobody thinks much about. He shows up in a new high school in a new town under a new name, makes a few friends, and doesn't stay long. Just long enough for someone in his new friend's family to die-of "natural causes." Mission accomplished, Boy Nobody disappears, moving on to the next target. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

Originally titled Boy Nobody, the synopsis reminded me of another book I've read about teen assassins, but any similarities disappeared after a few pages.

If you think about it, children make the perfect assassins as no one suspects them. Boy is no exception, as he befriends other children in order to get close to his "target", completes the job, then moves on to his next assignment, never looking back.

But Boy is growing up, and complications arise when the daughter of his next target effects him in a way he's never experienced before. Could he actually be falling for her? Makes things a little complicated when he's an assassin and his job will destroy her world.

Found Boy an interesting character, and liked that we were able to get inside his head and explore his past memories as well as his current doubts about his job. Would have liked to have learned more about The Program, which trained him and runs his assignments. I thought that the Mother character was a little chilling and I hope their relationship is explored further in future books.

Really enjoyed Boy's voice, and this is one of those books that I didn't want to put down! Fast-paced action, interesting characters, and a good plot made me a very happy reader. Think that the author is very talented, and I'm looking forward to the sequel!

8 comments:

  1. Glad to hear this made you a happy reader. I don't find it surprising that it at first felt familiar as there do seem to be a number of child/teen assassin books around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was originally Boy Nobody. I've wanted to read this one for awhile now, so that's great you liked it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow. I don't like the idea of kids killing anyone, but the whole idea is complicated and intriguing.

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, sounding awesome! :) Thank you as this is a completely new book to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't realize the title changed for this series, but I'm so interested in reading it. It's great that you enjoyed it! Thanks for the review! :-)

    Megan @ Books i View

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, this does not sound like a feel good book at all. Work is getting to me too much these days, so I need some feel good reading. I will leave the teen assassin genre to you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure I can handle a book about killer children.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm this book does sound interesting. I don't mind the idea of children assassins but then again, I did like Children of the Corn...

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u