Armchair BEA 2014: Day One Introductions | Alexia's Books and Such: Armchair BEA 2014: Day One Introductions

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, May 26, 2014

Armchair BEA 2014: Day One Introductions

Armchair BEA 2014
Armchair BEA is for those book bloggers unable to attend the Book Expo America (BEA) in New York City, but still want to participate in some way. It's a way for us to "meet" other book bloggers and publishers in order to discuss books and book blogging. Since I can't make it to BEA this year, this is the next best thing!

Today is the first day, so time to introduce ourselves! The organizers have provided some fun questions to make this a little easier:


*Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging? Where in the world are you blogging from?

My name is Terri and I'm currently living in South Carolina. I've been blogging for five years now, which is a little surprising because it doesn't feel like it's been that long. I sort of stumbled into the book blogging community, but now that I've finally found my tribe, I never want to leave!

***

*What genre do you read the most? I love to read because....

My favorite genre is urban fantasy, but I also like YA and general fiction. Why I love to read is a hard question, because it seems like I've been a reader forever and it's just part of me now. Reading calms me down, is relaxing, is a nice escape from everyday life, is enjoyable, is a way to learn about new things, and is such a big part of me that I'm not sure what I'd do if I couldn't read anymore.

***

*What does your favorite/ideal reading space look like? 

Several big comfy chairs scattered around a warm room, each with their own lamp on a small reading table next to them. Maybe a couch or two in case someone wants to lie down, and definitely a fireplace for curling up with a book and a cuppa tea. Wall to wall bookcases, floor to ceiling, surround the room. Throw in a small kitchenette and bathroom and I'd never have to leave!

***

*Share your favorite book or reading related quote.

“So many books, so little time.” ~Frank Zappa

***

Are you taking part in Armchair BEA this year? Looking forward to meeting you!




20 comments:

  1. I agree So many books so little time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My main trouble is I can't seem to stop buying more, even though I already have more than enough to read. Can't resist the pretty, shiny, new books! *L*

      Delete
  2. Love the picture of the bench-- what a great place that would be to read. I am amazed at how many people like YA, and how much readership is growing for middle grade fiction. Have fun with Armchair BEA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YA does seem to have an awful lot of fans! It's a relatively new interest for me, and I've found so many great new-to-me authors!

      Delete
  3. I feel like I've always been a reader too! I just love books, especially when I get to learn new things and fall in love with new people and places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love when I learn something new when reading, especially when I'm reading fiction! And it's a great way to be an armchair traveler and learn about new places.

      Delete
  4. Hi, Terri! I love your vision of a library with a kitchenette -- perfect!

    Have a great week with Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Joy! I don't think my husband would like me disappearing like that, but a girl can always dream! ;)

      Delete
  5. I like the way your reading spot is big enough for lots of other people to join you. Interesting. Ideal reading spots often tend to be exclusive, for some reason.

    Happy to have met you here! Enjoy Armchair BEA!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So long as they're quiet, I wouldn't mind company every now and again. And maybe over a snack, we can talk about our latest reads!

      Delete
  6. Great to learn yet some more about you. I love your idea of the perfect library. Mind would have a padded seat in the biggest window you could imagine and one of those movable floor to ceiling ladders to reach the floor to ceiling shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe I forgot about the library ladders! Love the look of library ladders, so definitely need a couple. Thanks for the reminder! And I love your idea of a big picture window with a comfy window seat. Sounds heavenly!

      Delete
  7. Urban fantasy is one of my newer loves. It is a pleasure to meet you. I hope to get to know you through the week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice to meet you Stephanie! We'll have to compare notes about our favaorite urban fantasy authors! :)

      Delete
  8. There are so many great cons going on around now. :) And one day I'd like to get to BEA, but glad they have the armchair version. :) I'm with you here. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hoping we can meet up at BEA one day!

      Delete
  9. LOVE Frank Zappa!! Great quote!
    Hope you had a great ABEA!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the image that your ideal reading space evokes! I need one of those!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wouldn't that be awesome? Only problem is that I'd never want to leave! *L*

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u