Friday, May 2, 2014

April Wrap Up

library-6

April was a good month for me, as I feel like I'm finally getting a handle on things. I think part of it is these monthly wrap up posts, which help keep me on track!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read 9 books this month:

  1. Unforgotten by Jessica Brody
  2. Undiscovered by Jessica Brody
  3. First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North
  4. The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
  5. Forever Song by Julie Kagawa
  6. Poison Promise by Jennifer Estep
  7. Expiration Day by William Campbell Powell
  8. How I Got Skinny, Famous, and Fell Madly in Love by Ken Baker
  9. Then and Always by Dani Atkins

Blog Goals

I've been working on my NetGalley score and am getting closer to the 80% recommended rating! Still spreading myself a little thin with social media (see my Social Media Is Sucking Me Dry post), but haven't made up my mind which platforms I want to focus on yet.

Commenting

Had a few days where I didn't manage to visit any blogs, but stuck close to my goal of commenting on at least 5 blogs per day. Not bad, but could be better. Spending more time on Google+ and have joined a few communities, but not a lot of activity on there.

Overall

In an effort to cut down on the unending stream of emails, I unsubscribed from several email lists. That helped a little, but I discovered that if I don't work on it every day, my email box gets out of control quickly. Thinking about culling my blogroll as well, but not sure which blogs to unfollow.

Checked my About Me page as it's been awhile since I wrote it. Added a little something, but pleased overall with the format. Does anyone still read these pages? I know I don't.

How was your April? Are you on target for your reading goals? Any helpful hints on organizing your time, because I'm still working on my reading/reviewing/blog hopping balance?


4 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about emails, my inbox is crazy! I hope May brings you good reading :)

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, my emails are always a bit out of control. I get online every day pretty much, even if I just go through email. I think you should follow and comment one the blogs that you like best/engage with your blog/etc. etc. That might help, but you know, easier said than done. LOL I'm trying to read more often...I feel like April was a good month for me reading and blogging wise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My problem with emails is how often I forget/don't bother to check on my spam boxes. Better than I used to be but I still find some legitimate emails still get put straight into this bin and I find myself having to apologise when I do eventually discover them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great reading month!! I'm doing pretty well on my reading and am currently ahead of schedule ... which will be good when I begin to fall behind next month when I move again!

    As you can probably tell, I'm behind in reading blogs again. I try to comment every day, but sometimes, it just doesn't happen. I think it is always a work in progress.

    ReplyDelete