Saturday, April 26, 2014

My Book Haul (51)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

This was an email invitation from the author that sounded too intriguing to pass up! I've been an avid fan of the TV show Once Upon A Time, so excited to read this story about Snow White and what happened to her after her HEA ending!

The Reflections of Queen Snow White

What happens when "happily ever after" has come and gone?

***

An email invite from NetGalley that sounded too interesting to pass up!


I Am the Weapon
I Am the Weapon by Allen Zadoff

Boy Nobody is the perennial new kid in school, the one few notice and nobody thinks much about. He shows up in a new high school in a new town under a new name, makes a few friends, and doesn't stay long. Just long enough for someone in his new friend's family to die - of "natural causes." Mission accomplished, Boy Nobody disappears, moving on to the next target. (Goodreads)

***

After enjoying book #1 of the Age of X series, I was happy to accept an offer to review the sequel! Richelle Mead is an awesome writer, and I'm looking forward to seeing what Mae and Justin have gotten up to since the last book!

 photo ImmortalCrown.jpg
The Immortal Crown by Richelle Mead

The #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Vampire Academy and Bloodline series returns with the second installment in her acclaimed Age of X series. (Goodreads)



What did you receive this week? 
Leave me a link in the comments and I'll swing by to say hi!

7 comments:

  1. As a Mead fan, I really need to stare on Age of X!

    Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wasn't I Am the Weapon originally titled Boy Nobody? It sounds familiar...i want to read it though!

    And I read the Snow White book; it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed The Immortal Crown is every bit as good as the last book in the series.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome stack this week. I'm a sucker for fairy tale retellings.

    Grace
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Immortal Crown! I wasn't planning on reading Gameboard of the Gods since it's Adult, but it sounds too good so I'm going to cave, and then probably buy The Immortal Crown asap. :) Happy reading!

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul! I've heard good things about Boy Nobody, and I thought that was the sequel and have now only just realised it's book one with new cover and title lol. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete