Sunday, March 30, 2014

Spring Bloggiesta Wrap Up

 
Well, another Bloggiesta has come and gone.  photo bloggiestafinish.gif
Let's see how I did...

My To-Do List:

  • Back up blog - oops! forgot to do this one!
  • Update My TBR Page - only half done
  • Crosspost reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, and Pinteresdone
  • Update Challenges Page done
  • Write at least two reviews - only managed to write one :(
  • Update Reviews Page done
  • Complete at least one mini-challenge see below
  • Visit other participants to cheer them on managed to visit several participants to cheer them on!
  • Clean up Bloglovin' (there are blogs on there I don't remember following!) - a work in progress
  • Reply to all outstanding comments caught up on the last two weeks
  • Spring Clean my email box (it's gotten scary huge!) got it under 300!

Mini challenges completed:

  • Facebook page for your blog I already have a Facebook page for my blog, but have to admit that I didn't really do much with it. It automatically posted from my blog, but that was it. I need to start interacting more with my followers, and sharing interesting links. Going to carve out 15 minutes a day for my page instead of neglecting it.
  • Pinterest for your blog I don't have a separate Pinterest board for my blog, but do have several book-related boards: 2014 Book Reviews, Bookish Delights, and Blogging. I'm going to spend a few minutes a day searching for bookish pins  to like and maybe come up with a few new boards.
  • Twitter List Tutorial Twitter is a huge time-suck for me, but sticking to lists should make it easier!  
  • Using Social Media Good overview of the top social media sites!
  • Are "About Me" pages necessary? I have one because everyone told me I needed one, but I rarely update it. Took another look and, aside from a couple of minor updates, I still like it!
  • FTC Disclosure Requirements for Bloggers A very helpful post explaining those confusing FTC guidelines! I just need to move my current disclosure from the bottom of my posts to the top. Trying to come up with a format I like, but will start doing this as soon as I can.
  • Tips and Tricks for NetGalley I need to increase my ratio, so every little tip helps! 
I wound up adding several items, but that always happens when I visit other participants and see their lists! I updated my TBR list with the books I've already read, but still need to add all the books from my book hauls. I also pinned a few of the challenges I didn't get to. I really, really need to figure out Google+!

Did you take part in Bloggiesta this time around? If so, how did you do?

20 comments:

  1. Good progress! Wow at your email box! I know you're glad you got that done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melody! I'd love to get it down to under 100, but it's a constant deluge that's hard to get under control. Working on it!

      Delete
  2. That's amazing progress! You almost managed to complete every item on your list, which was long. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Valerie! The challenges were really fun, and I even put a few aside to do later. Love Bloggiesta!

      Delete
  3. Ah whoops! I meant to add "back up blog" to my list but didn't do that either! Thanks for reminding me that I have to get on that :P Looks like you did quite a bit in the four days - especially the emails! It's so scary how they can build up like that... aaah! Anyway, happy bloggiesta hope to see you next time :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! I need to add backing up my blog to my calendar so I don't forget!

      Delete
  4. You did great! Back up your blog if it's been a while. It takes less than a minute to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Bri! It only takes a minute, but it's one of those things I always forget. Am going to add it to my calendar as a monthly reminder!

      Delete
  5. that's great you did so well. I didn't take part, but I did get some reviews scheduled and books read this weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm still working on a balance between reading and reviewing, as one always seems to suffer when I focus on the other.

      Delete
  6. Wow, that's a ton of mini-challenges! Looks like you had a great weekend! (And I second the suggestion to back up your blog... you never know when you might need it! I usually do it a couple times a month, just to be safe!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went a little overboard with the challenges, but couldn't seem to help myself! *L*

      Delete
  7. You did so well with all of those mini-challenges. They always help me think of new and different approaches.

    Joy's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the Bloggiesta challenges, as I always seem to learn something new! :)

      Delete
  8. I forgot to back up my blog too! LOL! I will. One day. You did a great job with your Bloggiesta goals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One day? You sound just like me Alysia! *L*

      Delete
  9. Looks like you did amazingly well. You know what, I don't think I know how to back up my blog. I've never done it, that I know of.

    Congrats on a job well done. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm super late to comment, but great job on your list!! You got a LOT done! I'm still in the midst of trying to catch up on my blog reading (obviously!) and review some of those challenges I didn't get to!

    ReplyDelete