My Book Haul (47) | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul (47)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, March 29, 2014

My Book Haul (47)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

From NetGalley:

NetGalley keeps sending me "You're invited" emails, and I keep accepting. It's a vicious cycle....

Then and Always by Dani Atkins
Then and Always by Dani Atkins

For fans of One Day, What Alice Forgot, and the hit film Sliding Doors, comes an absorbing and surprising debut novel about a young woman who, after an accident, gets a second chance at life . . . just not in one she remembers.

***

First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North

No matter what he does or the decisions he makes, when death comes, Harry always returns to where he began, a child with all the knowledge of a life he has already lived a dozen times before. Nothing ever changes. Until now.

Purchased:

I've had this on my wishlist for awhile, but never picked it up for some reason. Browsing online, I saw it available and immediately downloaded it to my nook. It's not like I have a million books already in my TBR pile or anything (she said sarcastically). What can I say...I have impulse control issues! *L*

 photo unremembered.jpg
Unremembered by Jessica Brody

From popular young adult author Jessica Brody comes a compelling and suspenseful new sci-fi series, set in a world where science knows no boundaries, memories are manipulated, and true love can never be forgotten.

***

Couldn't read book one without downloading the sequel at the same time, now could I? :)

 photo unforgotten.jpg
Unforgotten by Jessica Brody

Some memories are better left forgotten...



What did you receive this week?


37 comments:

  1. You got some great titles this week! I just got Harry August also. I am hoping its good.

    Mary
    My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds really interesting, so fingers crossed it lives up to the synopsis!

      Delete
  2. The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August seems so good. :) I hope you enjoy it! Happy reading and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sofia! Hope you have a great weekend too!

      Delete
  3. Great books for you this week! I hope you enjoy your new books!!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My STS: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/03/stacking-shelves_29.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't seem to stop adding to my TBR pile, but they were all too tempting to resist! *L*

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm trying not to read the net Galley invites emails anymore since they are too tempting. Good haul.

    Grace
    books of love

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should probably stop reading them too, but I'm afraid I'll miss something awesome!

      Delete
  6. I have seen quite a few people read Unremembered! You will probably love it.

    My STS/Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already finished it and am halfway through Unforgotten! Really like Sera and Zen!

      Delete
  7. Just added "First Fifteen Lives of Harry August" to my TBR list! That sounds amazing!!!!! Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound amazing, doesn't it? Hope it lives up to it's synopsis, as I've had a few disappointing reads lately. Have a good weekend Melody! :)

      Delete
  8. Unremembered and Unforgotten look like great reads, and I'm pretty sure they're written by the woman who runs Free Book Friday! They're definitely on my list. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't know that she ran Free Book Friday! Cool! Thanks for stopping by Lizzy!

      Delete
  9. I also picked up Unremembered (It was $2.99 and I seem to be incapable of passing up books that are on sale)! Netgalley is also tough to resist! I feel your pain ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't pass up sale books either, so you're not alone! And don't get me started on NetGalley! They're one of my major weaknesses...well, all books really, but they keep tempting me via email! :o

      Delete
  10. I reeeeally need to read Unremembered, it looks really good! Happy reading!

    ★ Under The Mountain is Un-Stacking Her Shelves ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to pick up a copy, as it's really good!

      Delete
  11. I've heard really good things about Jessica Brody's books. I need to get a copy of Unremembered soon. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why I've never heard of her before, but she's very talented!

      Delete
  12. Tee, hee... NetGalley and Edelweiss will be the death of me, too!!! Kiss of Deception was my "your invited" book this week but I actually have been wanting that book for some time so I've rationalized it all "okay".

    I'll have to check out Jessica Brody - I haven't heard of this series before. Great catch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rationalizing is becoming easier and easier, isn't it? Ha!

      Delete
  13. "The First Fifteen Lives..." sounds really interesting. I hadn't heard of it before. I'll be curious to read your review.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't heard of it either, but it sounds right up my alley so looking forward to reading it!

      Delete
  14. Unremembered is on my TBR list. Enjoy your new haul. My STS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did! I'm reading Unforgotten right now and am about halfway done. Another good one!

      Delete
  15. I have zero impulse control when it comes to hitting the purchase button on my nook.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I need to read Unremembered series! Enjoy your new haul!

    OUT's STS

    Leydy from OUAT & RCE

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leydy! Hope you enjoy your new books too!

      Delete
  17. Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Nice haul. I really want to read Unremembered and Unforgotten, I've heard so many great things about that series. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! You got quite a few books this week, so hope you enjoy! :)

      Delete
  19. Hey! All look amazing. Hope you enjoy them all when you get to reading them, and have a great week. :)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u