My Book Haul (45) | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul (45)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, March 15, 2014

My Book Haul (45)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information.

For Review:

This was another email invitation from NetGalley. Giving serious consideration to having these invites sent directly to the trash so I'm not tempted anymore. Ah, who am I kidding? I can't resist great sounding reads like this, so will never filter NetGalley! *L*

John Dreamer
John Dreamer by Elise Celine

Andy wasn’t usually sure about much, but she was absolutely certain this was the weirdest day of her life as she stood stranded in the middle of a great white room with six strangers. Well, they were mostly strangers. She could have sworn she’d seen the guy with the green eyes before, and maybe that was why he kept staring at her.

When a man calling himself the Guardian appeared and said they had come to make their deepest dreams come true, they embark on an adventure none of them ever imagined, and the consequences of their actions would change them forever.

"John Dreamer" is the first in a series of books set in the confines of the Great White Room. 

***
Another NetGalley find. Review books don't count in a No Book Buying Ban, right? The synopsis sucked me right in!

Don't Even Think About It
Don't Even Think About It by Sarah Mlynowski

We weren't always like this. We used to be average New York City high school sophomores. Until our homeroom went for flu shots. We were prepared for some side effects. Maybe a headache. Maybe a sore arm. We definitely didn't expect to get telepathic powers. But suddenly we could hear what everyone was thinking. Our friends. Our parents. Our crushes. Now we all know that Tess is in love with her best friend, Teddy. That Mackenzie cheated on Cooper. That, um, Nurse Carmichael used to be a stripper.



What did you receive this week?


37 comments:

  1. I know those netgalley people are horrible for sending me emails with tempting books inside..lol. :) Enjoy your reads!

    Stormi
    http://www.booksmoviesreviewsohmy.com/stacking-the-shelves-20/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Between the emails and the auto-approvals, I'm doomed! But it's a "good" doomed, right? *L*

      Delete
  2. I have Don't Even Think About It, sound like a lot of fun. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luna! I always wanted to be a mind reader, so couldn't resist this one!

      Delete
  3. They look like fun! I hope you enjoy them.

    My StS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Nice to meet another comic lover! :)

      Delete
  4. LOL, I got a couple of those invite e-mails, too, and it's impossible to not request the books if they look interesting!

    I hope you'll enjoy both your new books, Alexia :) Thanks for stopping by earlier. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are hard to resist, aren't they? :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read any of these but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been seeing John Dreamer in couple of hauls this week! It sounds and looks really good.
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just started reading it and so far, so good!

      Delete
  7. John Dreamer! I reviewed that this week (you can find that on my blog if you wish). I really liked the story but felt it needed a good editor. I'd still read the sequels though.

    ★ Under The Mountain ★

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up! I've just started reading it and haven't been distracted by anything yet, but will keep an eye out for poor editing. :)

      Delete
  8. Netgalley sounds like one of those sites designed to lead readers into temptation. Thank goodness it only offers digital copies so I'm safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have more willpower than I do, Tracy! *L*

      Delete
  9. Oh I heard great things about these ones, I hope you'll enjoy them too. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melliane! They both seem like fast, fun reads!

      Delete
  10. I got Don't Even Think About It too! I can't wait to read it! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I've already read Don't Even Think About It and really liked it. A fast, fun read, so hope you like it too!

      Delete
  11. This one is on my wish list. I downloaded a sample and haven't gotten to reading it yet.
    I finally got everything up and running on NetGalley. I requested 6 or 7 titles and got rejected for every one of them. :(
    Enjoy, though. I'll be eager to read your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Be patient, and eventually you'll be drowning in NetGalley books just like the rest of us! *L*

      Delete
  12. Nice haul. Don't Even Think About It looks really good. I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Looks like you had a great week with your haul, so hope you enjoy! :)

      Delete
  13. Nice! I try not to look at Netgalley too much or I get sucked into wanting to read a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Despite my best intentions, I always get sucked back into NetGalley! *L*

      Delete
  14. I couldn't get into Don't Even Think about it, but hope that you have better luck with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed it, but think I was in the mood for something light & fun so that probably helped.

      Delete
  15. I want to read Don't Even Think About It! Although I actually have heard a lot of bad things about it, pity...it sounds awesome and quirky. :) My StS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised that there are bad reviews, as I really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  16. Looks like some great reads! Happy Reading! Here's my STS if you'd like to stop by.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Molly! Enjoy all of your awesome new reads!

      Delete
  17. Never heard of these, but I hope you enjoy them. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Enjoy! I have had to delete all the emails without opening them because the temptation is way toooooo strong. I don't do ebooks (I've tried! I hoarded the free ones way worse than paper books! LOL) but the temptation is toooooooooooooooooooooo strong. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't seem to have the willpower to delete the emails without reading them first, because I'm convinced I'll miss out on something awesome! I am weak.... :p

      Delete
  19. When books hit you like that you have to get them. :) Hope you enjoy them and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u