My Book Haul (44) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (44)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, March 8, 2014

My Book Haul (44)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

Purchased:

Love novellas, and this will keep me satisfied until the next book in the Taken series comes out in April.

Stolen
Stolen by Erin Bowman

Before Gray Weathersby uncovered the truth about Claysoot and the Laicos Project, a girl named Bree came of age in the coastal settlement of Saltwater - and made her own surprising journey to the world beyond its borders. In Stolen, discover the story of Bree’s life before she was Snatched from her home, before she joined the rebellion, and before she met a boy named Gray…

***
This is one of the titles I loved in the Buzz Books sampler, so was excited to download a copy once it was released! Couldn't wait, so have already started reading it!

 photo halfbad.jpg
Half Bad by Sally Green

In the tradition of Patrick Ness and Markus Zusak, Half Bad is a gripping tale of alienation and the indomitable will to survive, a story that will grab hold of you and not let go until the very last page. 


What did you receive this week?


24 comments:

  1. Loving the sound of Half Bad as I like both Patrick Ness and Markus Zusak.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already started reading it and it's really, really good!

      Delete
  2. Nice hail! I want to read Half Bad.
    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to pick up a copy, as I started reading it and having a hard time putting it down!

      Delete
  3. I like reading Novella's because they are quick to read and have some great moments in them.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love novellas because they're like appetizers that just whet your appetite for more! Plus, they're quick reads like you said. Love that too! :)

      Delete
  4. These looks great! I'm especially excited for Half Bad!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you're able to read it, as it was awesome!

      Delete
  5. I got Half Bad too. Since I was chosen to read the ARC at Penguin's First to Read, I had to get a copy for my shelf. Come see what I added to my stacks at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looking forward to your review Kathy!

      Delete
  6. Stolen looks good, hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm curious about Half Bad!! I believe the reviews I've seen have been mostly positive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to seeing what others think of it, but am staying away from the reviews until after I write mine. Wish I had someone to discuss it with though, as I really enjoyed it!

      Delete
  8. Ooooh they both sound good! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice haul. I am thinking of picking Half Bad up for myself as it looks really great. I also like the look of the Taken series, have had my eye on that for a while now. I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really looking forward to the next book in the Taken series, as I can hardly wait to see what happens next! Hope you're able to read them soon!

      Delete
  10. I love both the covers. Can't wait to hear how they are.

    I didn't do much buy yet this week. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every time I think I'm doing well with my No Buy, I fall off the wagon! *L*

      Delete
  11. I saw Half Bad somewhere else...I don't remember where. It sounds really good. I'm hoping you enjoy it. :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both books sound so good! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u