February Wrap Up | Alexia's Books and Such: February Wrap Up

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Monday, March 3, 2014

February Wrap Up

library-6
Hoping that a monthly wrap up posts will help keep me on track this year!

Books read

In order to meet my Goodreads goal of 100 books, I need to read 8.33 books per month. According to Goodreads, I've read 7 books this month:

  1. Ascendant by Drew Chapman
  2. Buzz Books 2014
  3. Independent Study by Joelle Charbonneau
  4. Dash of Peril by Lori Foster
  5. After I'm Gone by Laura Lippman
  6. Uninvited by Sophie Jordan
  7. Three Souls by Janie Chang

Commenting

After doing so well last month, I totally dropped the ball this month and would go days without making a single comment. Still having trouble with the whole balancing act, but I'm trying out different solutions and am convinced that I'll figure it out one of these days!

Fun With Keywords

Think that it's funny to see what keyword search terms bring people to my blog. Some of them definitely had me scratching my head!

*shirtless wonders*
*parker young shirtless*
*book+cat*
*adam driver shirtless*
*lucy lie 750*

What's with all of the searches for shirtless men? I mean, I know they're hot and all, but still....a little restraint now and again wouldn't hurt! And I can only imagine the disappointment when their search led to my blog! *L*

Overall

February was a disappointing month for me. The weather was lousy, I got sick, and we found out my poor dog has heartworm and has to go through a painful treatment to get rid of them. I felt like I was doing really well with my reading, so a little surprised that I only managed to finish 7 books. If I read, I don't blog and vice versa, so need to work on that. And could someone please remove Farmville 2 from my computer, as that's a worst timesuck than Twitter!


11 comments:

  1. How am I missing out on all the shirtless posts on your blog?!?

    I am way behind on commenting. February was such a crazy month for me and I feel like I am way behind once again. You would think that I would be used to this feeling by now!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! It's the beginning of a brand new year, yet I already feel like I've fallen so far behind that it's not funny! :p

      Delete
  2. February was an odd month for me too. Just lots going on, and I didn't get a lot of reading finished either. You definitely did way better than me though! lol

    -Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. February is an odd month, so glad to put it behind me! I need to get my reading ramped up, then work on reviews. March better be my month, as I'm determined to meet my reading goal this year!!!

      Delete
  3. Lol. I get hits on my blog from search phrases with the word shirtless too! I think mine has to do with my soccer posts but still.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure why they turn up, as I've had very few posts mentioning anyone shirtless! Google keyword search is a little kinky imho! *L*

      Delete
  4. I have complete faith in you. You'll figure it out and sparkle as always.

    Sorry about the dog. Hope s/he is feeling better. :-)

    Anna from Shout with Emaginette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That's so sweet of you to say! :)

      Waffles came through her first shot like a trooper, and is getting plenty of rest, treats, and belly rubs.

      Delete
  5. Despite it being my birthday in February, I always think it a lousy month but it sounds like its been particularly bad for you and your poorly pooch. Here's hoping this month is better.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you still did amazing with 7 books last month. It was a short month and well, that's more than I did. I read novella's to try to get my book count up. lol. It's cheating, but well...what can I say?

    Hope you all are doing better. It's hard being sick and terrible watching the fur babies too.

    Here's to a new month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You still did a great job with your reading goals!

    I hear ya on the balancing act- I am trying to find ONE day a week where I just comment on blogs. I am thinking maybe Sundays or something. It's definitely a juggle PLUS adding in being sick? It's a huge set back!
    We've all been there! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u