My Book Haul (42) | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul (42)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, February 22, 2014

My Book Haul (42)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

I'm a big fan of William Morrow's books, so was excited to receive these two for review! They always manage to tempt me to read outside of my comfort zone, and rarely disappoint!

Two Sisters
Two Sisters by Mary Hogan

Mary Hogan’s powerful and poignant debut novel about two sisters - opposites in every way - plus their mother and the secrets and lies that define them all. One family, two sisters, a lifetime of secrets... (Goodreads)

***

Three Souls

Three Souls by Janie Chang

We have three souls, or so I'd been told. But only in death could I confirm this ... So begins the haunting and captivating tale, set in 1935 China, of the ghost of a young woman named Leiyin, who watches her own funeral from above and wonders why she is being denied entry to the afterlife. Beside her are three souls - stern and scholarly yang; impulsive, romantic yin; and wise, shining hun - who will guide her toward understanding. She must, they tell her, make amends. (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?


8 comments:

  1. Though not a big fan of the traditional 'ghost' story Tree Souls sounds different. A captivating read that I'm sure I'd enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These have pretty covers, even if they are not my cup of tea. Enjoy your new books.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of the ghost story books that I've enjoyed was Anna Dressed In Blood. If you haven't read that, check it out. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound interesting. I've never heard of them. I hope you enjoy those "outside your comfort zone" books. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog (Adult Books) and Ms. Martin Teaches Media (YA books). Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I'd like Two Sisters the most...hope you enjoy both!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u