My Book Haul (39) | Alexia's Books and Such...: My Book Haul (39)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, February 1, 2014

My Book Haul (39)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

The synopsis on this one really caught my eye, so was happy that I was able to request an ARC from Amazon Vine!

The Uninvited
The Uninvited by Sophie Jordan

The Scarlet Letter meets Minority Report in bestselling author Sophie Jordan's chilling new novel about a teenage girl who is ostracized when her genetic test proves she's destined to become a murderer. (Goodreads)

***

I received an email from the publisher featuring this title and it reminded me of Nora Ephron's I Feel Bad About My Neck for some reason, so couldn't resist requesting a copy on NetGalley!

I See You Made an Effort
I See You Made an Effort by Annabelle Gurwitch

Annabelle Gurwitch the humorist The Washington Post calls hilarious and O, The Oprah Magazine slyly subversive returns with a wickedly funny new book chronicling the vicissitudes of turning 50. (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?




15 comments:

  1. I See You Made an Effort looks really funny and cute. Interested to hear what you think of that one.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really starting to enjoy essay collections lately, especially if they're by funny women!

      Delete
  2. I'm really curious about The Uninvited! I do hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious about the nurture vs nature idea and how it will play out in this story. Hoping that nurture wins out!

      Delete
  3. I have seen a lot of reviews on the Uninvited. Everywhere! So this is a pretty popular book and I can't wait to see what you think about it!

    Angie
    Angela's Anxious Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to see it pop up too, which is funny because I'm usually behind the curve with my books! *L*

      Delete
  4. Good haul! The Uninvited sounds intriguing and I See You Made an Effort sounds hilarious. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! I'm looking forward to them both!

      Delete
  5. Great haul! I hope you enjoy them.

    Check out our STS.

    Leydy @ OUaT & Redcarpetendings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS Following your blog and would love a follow back please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They both sound really good! Enjoy them.

    Funny thing- I got kicked out of the Amazon Vine program. LOL. I ticked off another reviewer who enlisted her friends to troll my reviews and vote them not helpful which dropped my percentage of helpful reviews down and the Vine gave me the boot. I keep laughing over it but it ticks me off because I loved the Vine freebies! Hahahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sophie Jordan for the first book. I remember hearing her name for another book/series. Hope you enjoy both your new reads. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's like The Uninvited by Sophie Jordon is on every blog and I haven't even gotten my hands on it yet time to visit the book store.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u