Thursday, February 27, 2014

Book Review: Killer Frost

Book Review: Killer Frost by Jennifer FrostKiller Frost by Jennifer Estep

I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before - and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine.

Yeah, I've got my psychometry magic, my talking sword, Vic - and even the most dangerous Spartan on campus at my side, in Logan freaking Quinn, but I’m no match for Loki, the evil Norse god of chaos. I may be Nike’s Champion, but at heart, I’m still just Gwen Frost, that weird Gypsy girl everyone at school loves to gossip about.

Then someone I love is put in more danger than ever before, and something inside me snaps. This time, Loki and his Reapers are going down for good … or I am. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

This book was a big bag of mixed emotions for me because, while I was excited to see what happens next for Gwen and her friends, I was also sad that it's now coming to an end. We've been through so much together and now it's over.

We start off with Gwen and Logan on a double date with their friends Daphne and Carson. I like the nod to Crimson Frost, which started with Gwen and Logan's first date. Gwen is a nervous wreck, convinced that something horrible will happen. I really wish that poor Gwen could have a normal teenage life once in awhile, but guess that's too much to ask for Nike's Champion.

I appreciated that the bad guys are really bad in this story, Loki especially. I love really evil villains, as you never know what will happen next! Sometimes in YA the bad guys are more than a little whitewashed, as heaven forbid you scare the young readers! Not in this one. Loki and the Reapers are Bad with a capital B!

Suffice it to say, there is tons of action, a fast moving plot, and an absolutely fabulous ending to one of my favorite series! And yes, the story brought tears to my eyes a few times. So sue me, I get emotionally involved with my favorite characters every now and again. *L*

There are only six books in this series and I think that they're pretty fast reads, so I recommend reading them all. This way you'll get to know Gwen and company and have a better understanding of all that they're up against. Very worthwhile reads!


eBook provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review

1 comment:

  1. I haven't heard of this series. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete