Book Review: Buzz Books 2014 | Alexia's Books and Such...: Book Review: Buzz Books 2014

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Friday, February 7, 2014

Book Review: Buzz Books 2014

Buzz Books 2014
Buzz Books 2014 collection

There’s nothing like the excitement of being one of the first people to discover a great new read. Now in its fourth edition, Buzz Books has proven itself as the place where book publishing insiders and passionate book lovers alike can get their first taste of some of the year’s most extraordinary new books. The overwhelming majority of our selections go on to win awards and appear on booksellers’ monthly lists of “best books” as well as “best books of the year” from many sources - while topping bestseller lists and reading group selections as well. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

Really enjoy buzz books, as they're a great way to sample some of the best new releases without having to track down and download them one by one. Plus, there's the added benefit of knowing that these titles are hand-selected as the best of the best!

I read at least some of each story, some fully and some I just skimmed. I'm to the point where I can tell within a few pages if something is to my liking or not. Very few books are the exception to my "grab me on the first page" rule, so I move on to the next story.

Here are the ones that grabbed my attention and made me want to read more:

A large part of these are YA titles (no surprise there), but there are a few from other categories as well. Haven't requested any of these from NetGalley yet as I need to finish the ones I've already requested first, but really looking forward to reading these!


eBook received via NetGalley, in exchange for an honest review



4 comments:

  1. Well, this looks very interesting. I'm really going to have to check this out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting. I can usually tell from the first page too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I never knew that this types of books existed! can't wait to get my hands on one now. I am always missing out on one or two good books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. See reads like this are dangerous for my TBR list. DANGEROUS. *o* (Thanks for the peek though!)

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u