My Book Haul, full of bookish love! (38) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul, full of bookish love! (38)
It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes. ~Douglas Adams

Saturday, January 4, 2014

My Book Haul, full of bookish love! (38)

My Book Haul
Usually this post is about the books I've received over the past week or so, but thought I'd switch things up a little and share some of the non-book items I received over the holidays! Some are actual books, but the rest are bookish-related. All are wonderful!

 photo bookmark052.jpg
I belong to a book club and one of the ladies gave me a bookmark for Christmas. The perfect gift for me, as I collect bookmarks! And it's a map of the world, which fits perfectly in with my love of travel. How the heck does she know me so well already? *L*

***
My friend Tammy over at Bo's Book Nook sent me a box full of goodies! I thought that she was going to send me 1-2 books, so imagine my surprise when I found not only a lovely stack of books, but a treasure trove of wonder inside!

 photo Tammy051.jpg
Dark Currents by Jacqueline Carey
The Eyes of Minds by James Dashner
How to Catch a Bogle by Catherine Jinks
Inhuman by Kat Falls
Entangled by Amy Rose Capetta
The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Red Rising by Pierce Brown
The Returned by Jason Mott

 photo Tammy053.jpg photo Tammy050.jpg
As if the stack of books wasn't enough, she also included a tin of tea in a very cool container (I'm a BIG tea fan!), a little Whispering Angel Titans toy from Doctor Who, and the coolest Whispering Angels t-shirt ever! (I tried to terrorize play with the dog with the angel, but she wasn't impressed and blinked anyway.) 

I can never thank you enough, Tammy! You're the best!

***

 photo dress054.jpg
Another total surprise from my friends Pallavi and Maureen - the coolest dress ever! They know how much I love books, so found me something with book fabric! I'm not a big dress fan, but tried it on and think I can swing it as a shirt-jacket. I have the best friends ever!!!

***

 photo socks039.jpg
Another Whispering Angel surprise for Christmas! My parents surprised me with Doctor Who socks and a River Song journal! Forgot to take a picture of the journal, but it's my new favorite! I collect journals, so just need to decide how I want to use this one.

Based on these gifts, I must talk about Doctor Who an awful lot. *L* Looking forward to seeing how the new Doctor settles into the Who-Universe!


What did you receive this week?



16 comments:

  1. That was a wonderful surprise indeed. Friends are awesome. Red Rising is the only book that I'm familiar with. Great stack.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace! Surprises in the mail are always fun, Christmas or otherwise! :)

      Delete
  2. That tea container is really cool! I love things with the UK flag on them. Entangled and The Eye of Minds both sound awesome, too. I hope you enjoy all your books :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Montana! I love all things British, so Tammy really knocked the ball out of the park with this one!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. I know! Although on me, I think it will be more of a shirt or jacket. *L*

      Delete
  4. Man I need bookish friends like you. People know I like books but I never get any bookish gifts! Lucky you!!

    Angie
    Weekend News

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Believe me, this is a first! I think that all of the planets must be aligned or something, but whatever the reason, I'm loving it! :)

      Delete
  5. Ah yay, another Doctor Who fan...I just finished re-watching the last David Tennant seasons and my heart broke all over again to see him go. *sigh*. And I am SO upset that the next series doesn't air until August!! That is just cruel!

    The books look really good and I love the weeping angel socks! Great haul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea for Doctor Who! Really love the show, but it keeps making me cry. :(

      Delete
  6. I am super jealous of all your Doctor Who stuff especially the Angel t-shirt. Your book haul is pretty impressive too. I am excited about reading The Eye of Minds and The Bone Season soon.

    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! I felt like I was in Doctor Who heaven when I opened all of these! *L*

      Delete
  7. Bone Season looks good, hope you enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi! That one caught my eye too!

      Delete
  8. I haven't heard of many of these books but I'll have to check them out! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for returning the love Anna! :)

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2017 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u