Friday, January 24, 2014

My Book Haul (38)

My Book Haul

In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

From NetGalley:

I love these books, as you get a glimpse at what "the professionals" think are going to be the hottest breakout stories! I scan every story, then add the ones that grab me to my wishlist. A great tool to discover great new authors!

Buzz Books 2014
Buzz Books 2014 collection

The fourth edition of Buzz Books includes 40 substantial excerpts from the most buzzed about books to be published spring/summer of 2014. Fiction, nonfiction, and young adult work is represented by all the major publishers. (book blurb)


***


I'm a huge fan of Jennifer Estep and love her Mythos Academy series. Can't wait to read this one!

Killer Frost
Killer Frost by Jennifer Estep

I’ve battled the Reapers of Chaos before - and survived. But this time I have a Bad, Bad Feeling it’s going to be a fight to the death … most likely mine. (Goodreads)


What did you receive this week?


14 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing! Buzz Books sounds great. Love finding new books to look forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My wishlist always grows after one of these buzz collections!

      Delete
  2. I still need to read Midnight Frost before I can read this one. I love Jennifer Estep. Awesome haul of books.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't Jennifer the best? Love all of her books! :)

      Delete
  3. I love the kitty in the mail box. I hope you can stop by mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Moirae! Will definitely stop by to see what you got this week!

      Delete
  4. Oh I so need to get started on the Estep series. I have three or four of the books here waiting for me too. Shame on me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to hearing what you think, as you know I think Jennifer is made of awesome! :)

      Delete
  5. I haven't read the Mythos series! I have really, really, really enjoyed the Elemental Assassins series. So good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mythos series is a great YA series featuring mythology from around the world and is pretty awesome IMHO. I'm a huge fan of Jennifers, so am more than a little biased. *L*

      Delete
  6. Great haul! How have I never heard of Jennifer Estop?!? I hope you enjoy your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer is one of my favorite authors, so hope you're able to read one of her books soon!

      Delete