My Book Haul (37) | Alexia's Books and Such: My Book Haul (37)

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Book Haul (37)

My Book Haul
In need of a new way to showcase titles, I decided that My Book Haul seems like a good fit. I like giving books a little special attention as sometimes it can be awhile before I'm able to review them. Sad to say, but some get put on the shelf and gather a little dust before I'm able to give them the love they deserve. I've included links to Goodreads if you want more information on the books.

For Review:

Was doing pretty well with avoiding the temptation of NetGalley, but then they started sending me email invitations.... It would be rude not to accept such a nice invitation, right? ha! 

Grim anthology
Grim anthology

Inspired by classic fairy tales, but with a dark and sinister twist, Grim contains short stories from some of the best voices in young adult literature today.

***

The Tyrant's Daughter
The Tyrant's Daughter by J.C. Carleson

From a former CIA officer comes the riveting account of a royal Middle Eastern family exiled to the American suburbs.


What did you receive this week?



17 comments:

  1. Temptation is everywhere.

    I'm liking the sound of Grim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I can never resist short stories, and with a fairy tale twist? Right up my alley!

      Delete
  2. I know. I try not to read those lovely email invites, but what can one do....awesome week.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to read those either, but this one sounded interesting and I made the mistake of opening it. They got me hook, line, and sinker!

      Delete
  3. I got the Netgalley email for The Tyrant's Daughter. I'm tempted lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not my usual type of read, but sounded so intriguing that I couldn't resist!

      Delete
  4. Aw yes, temptation. I am well acquainted with its taunting. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Guess it's better to be tempted by books than by donuts, right? Not as sweet, but at least books have zero calories! And yes, I have food on the brain! *L*

      Delete
  5. They both sound interesting! Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've already read Grim & loved it! Looking forward to Tyrant's Daughter now.

      Delete
  6. Grim has some great authors included! I'll definitely have to check that one out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you have a chance to read it, as Grim is really, really good!

      Delete
  7. Oooh Grim! Hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo, Grim Anthology caught my eye. Liking that cover. Hope you enjoy it! :D Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! Hope you're able to read this one, as I think you'll really like it!

      Delete
  9. The Tyrant's Daughter sounds very intriguing have you read it yet?

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u