Buh-bye Mini Bloggiesta. It's been fun! | Alexia's Books and Such...: Buh-bye Mini Bloggiesta. It's been fun!

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Buh-bye Mini Bloggiesta. It's been fun!

mini bloggiesta
Well, another Bloggiesta has come and gone. Did much better than expected, especially because I didn't get as much done on Saturday as I'd hoped! I learned a couple of new things, and had a blast with the Twitter chat Saturday night! Made some new friends, reconnected with some old ones, and am fired up again about blogging!

I did good! :)

Bloggiesta Goals:

  1. backup blog This was really easy, thanks to a past challenge hosted by The Book Vixen! I couldn't get my wordpress blog to import my blogger blog, so had to import from my hard drive. Any ideas what I did wrong?
  2. solve my threaded comments problem once & for all - Fail! I can now reply to comments, but can't figure out why it keeps jumping to the top of the page when I hit the reply button. I may have to start from square one with a new template, which I'm trying to avoid. Oh Blogger, why dost thou forsake me?
  3. write at least 2 reviews Done! 
  4. update my Reviews page Hadn't realized how far behind I'd gotten! Oops!
  5. update my TBR page - Fail! Didn't get to this one yet.
  6. crosspost reviews on Amazon, Goodreads, NetGalley, & Pinterest Done!
  7. visit other Bloggiesta participants Have stopped by about a dozen blogs so far, and hoping to visit more!
  8. organize my Bloglovin folders I lost several of my folders when I imported blogs from Google Reader, so now have everyone in a folder of some sort. Not 100% happy with it, so may start over when I have more time. Hey, it's a start! :)
  9. complete at least one mini-challenge I decided to start with The Basics challenge #2, writing reviews, by Bloggiesta. Then decided to do them all:  The B-Word: Branding Challenge by On a Book Bender, the Edelweiss Challenge by River City Reading, and How To Create an Image Map by A Lovely Bookshelf on the Wall. 
  10. take part in the Twitter chat Saturday night, 9pm EST The Twitter chat was lots of fun and the hour went by really fast! I missed several comments, so had to go back and read everything once it was over. Tweetchat didn't really work for me and didn't care for Tweetfall, so guess I need to find something else for my next chat.

Did you take part in the mini Bloggiesta? How did you do?

14 comments:

  1. Ugh. The comment issue isn't just you. I had it, too. Made me so a angry that I installed CommentLuv.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm oh-so-tempted to switch, but can't decide if I should go to disqus or commentluv. I like that commentluv automatically links your last post, but haven't made up my mind yet. Plus, I'm a little lazy when it comes to blog changes. Can't believe blogger hasn't fixed this yet!

      Delete
  2. Well done on what sounds like a useful Bloggiesta. Its so frustrating when experiencing problems with Blogger. I keep promising to install something else but then none of them seem without problems and with me its a case of better the devil you know. anyway, hope your issue with comment thread is sorted soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! Sometimes the devil you know is better than the devil you don't! *L*

      Delete
  3. Great job!!!!

    I'm still having the issues with commenting as well and I've heard others having the same issue, so I don't know if it has to do with your template or just Blogger in general!

    I use TweetDeck for all twitter chats! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds like it's blogger's problem, which is why I'm so surprised I haven't found any fixes online yet. I used to use tweetdeck, but it slowed the rest of my system down. Think I might try it for the next chat, then close it again. I usually have a dozen windows open at once, so need my bandwidth!

      Delete
  4. Congrats on hitting most of your goals! I need to backup my blog...like right now. I haven't done it in too long.

    My review page is 2 months behind...omg...don't remind me, lol.

    Can't wait to read the reviews you wrote. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Backing up my blog was pretty easy, especially with the easy instructions from The Book Vixen! I'm afraid to admit how far behind I am with my reviews! Double yikes!

      Delete
  5. That's great you completed most of what you set out to do! I didn't take part, but I did get some posts finished and scheduled!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm still working on my posts, as I'd love to be 1-2 weeks ahead of schedule!

      Delete
  6. I've had probs with wordpress uploading blogger. Honestly, I don't think it has to do with wordpress. Blogger tends to make things hard like that from time to time. :P

    Great progress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really not loving Blogger right now, as it's giving me so many problems lately! :(

      Delete
  7. I'm wondering if that's a blogger thing when you hit the reply button. Mine has been doing that too. But you did an amazing job! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH man... well I didn't realize when I couldn't reply to comments that it was a Blogger issue. It has happened to me before so I thought it was me and it made me switch to Disqus once and for all. I didn't want to because I love blogger comments. But it's done now. Did it even fix? Looks like it from your above comments.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u