Book Review: Rogue | Alexia's Books and Such: Book Review: Rogue

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Book Review: Rogue

Rogue by Gina DamicoRogue by Gina Damico

Lex is a teenage Grim Reaper with the power to Damn souls, and it’s getting out of control. She’s a fugitive, on the run from the maniacal new mayor of Croak and the townspeople who want to see her pay the price for her misdeeds. Uncle Mort rounds up the Junior Grims to flee Croak once again, but this time they’re joined by Grotton, the most powerful Grim of all time. Their new mission is clear: Fix his mistakes, or the Afterlife will cease to exist, along with all the souls in it. 

The gang heads for Necropolis, the labyrinth-like capital city of the Grimsphere. There, they discover that the Grimsphere needs a reboot. To do that, the portals to the Afterlife must be destroyed…but even that may not be enough to fix the damage. Things go from bad to worse, and when at last the fate of the Afterlife and all the souls of the Damned hang in the balance, it falls to Lex and her friends to make one final, impossible choice. (Goodreads)

My Thoughts:

This book picks up right where book 2, Scorch, left off, and the action rarely stops!

Lex. Uncle Mort, and the gang are on the run. Trying to save the Afterlife isn't going to be easy, especially for a gang of fugitives. And then there's the problem with Lex's boyfriend Driggs. A teenage relationship isn't easy on the best of days, but theirs has entered an whole new dimension!

Really love this series as Lex is a great character, flaws and all. The author has come up with a great story, interesting characters, a great plot, fast-paced action, and an ending that tore my heart right out of my chest! I had to read the ending a few times, as it really took me by surprise. And, you know, because of the tears....

This is one of those series that you need to read in order, as it's one big story arc. Some series can stand alone, but this one would make much more sense as a whole. They're all quick reads, so what are you waiting for?


ARC received via the Amazon Vine program in exchange for an honest review

14 comments:

  1. Sounds wonderful, any book that stirs the emotions like this has my vote.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was! Hope you're able to read this series, as it was a fun read (even though I was so sad to see it end)!

      Delete
  2. Glad to hear about the nonstop action, sound like it really kept it going

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love nonstop action, and it makes for a fast read to boot!

      Delete
  3. Is this the last book in the series? I've read the first two - they were a lot of fun and different.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, this is the last one. If you liked the first two, then you'll love this one!

      Delete
  4. I really want to read these. I've heard good things. I'm pretty sure my library has the first one at least, so I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they have all three for you, as I loved this series!

      Delete
  5. I don't know what I'm waiting for! I've been wanting to read this one for some time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you were waiting for this one, so you could read them with no wait? I read books 2 & 3 back to back, which I don't normally get to do. Such good reads!

      Delete
  6. Yes, I've wanted to read this series for a while now. I'm glad you told me to read in order so I will do so! This sounds like it is continuing strong.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm usually unhappy with the middle book in a trilogy, but enjoyed all three in this series. Can't wait to see what Gina comes up with next! Hope you enjoy them as much as I did!

      Delete
  7. Oh these sound like great reads. :) Glad you enjoyed book 2!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have similar tastes, so I really think you'll enjoy these!

      Delete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u