Book Blogger New Year's Challenge | Alexia's Books and Such...: Book Blogger New Year's Challenge

“Books are for people who wish they were somewhere else.” ~ Mark Twain

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Book Blogger New Year's Challenge

Parajunkee is hosting a Book Blogger New Year's Challenge and, while I wasn't going to join initially, thought it might motivate me to get back into the swing of things!

 photo newyearschallenge.png

Day 1:  Your Blogger Resolutions:

1. Blog Comments 
I have good intentions, but haven't been doing a very good job of commenting on blogs. I'm going to keep things do-able and commit to commenting on 5 blogs a day. If that goes well, then I'll up it to 10 per day. 

2. Timeliness 
I need to start writing my reviews as soon as I finish reading instead of immediately starting another book. If I don't, I forget what I wanted to say because I'm a lousy note-taker (as in, I don't take notes. At all). 

3. Email 
Don't let email back up so much. Need to devote at least an hour a day to answering or deleting emails, as when I don't keep on top of it, it becomes unmanageable. I currently have 341 unread emails. Yikes!   

4. Bloglovin 
Finally figure this puppy out! There's GOT to be an easier way to navigate the blogs I transferred over from Google Reader! 


Giving serious consideration to getting one of those kitchen timers to help keep me on track. I tend to lose track of time when I'm playing Facebook games or surfing online, so that might help. Has anyone found a decent timer online? That would probably be easiest.

Here's to a great 2014!

13 comments:

  1. OMGosh... just like me!!! UGH on Bloglovin'!! When I transferred my Google Reader blogs, it kept my folders but I swear I still keep up with the blogs I want to read as well as I did with Google Reader. Feedly doesn't work as well, either.

    I was really bad recently on not writing reviews after I read a book so I MADE myself take notes before I'd start another book. Writing reviews has gotten much faster b/c of this... I'm just saying :D I know how you feel b/c I never took notes before either!!!

    Awesome resolutions!!! You'll do great this 2014!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristin! Maybe I need to start taking notes if I can't get my procrastination under control. Going to work on it!

      Delete
  2. I'm also not the best at reviewing books right when I finish them. I'm hoping I'll be better at that this year. Bloglovin' is pretty confusing, too! Good luck with all your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm hoping that since I didn't make too many crazy resolutions, I'll be able to stick to them this year. A girl can always dream, right? ;)

      Delete
  3. I wasn't going to participate in this either but it looks fun. I am not going to do today's because I participated in a different one. But I am probably going to jump in now!! I too do reviews right after reading a book. If I feel like I have too much going on the blog that week I will just schedule the post for the following week. It really works for me. Can't wait to see the rest of your goals!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to get better at time management, as sometimes I forget the story and have to skim it before writing my review. Either write the review immediately or jot down notes, one or the other. I'll get there!

      Delete
  4. That commenting one is a common goal. I think it's a good one! I'll try to do better too! Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For some reason, I'm glad to find out that I'm not the only one with the commenting issue! There's strength in numbers, so think we'll be able to help each other get better! :)

      Delete
  5. Great resolutions, all of which I need to work on myself!! I don't use Bloglovin', but I do use Feedly and I finally feel like I am getting a system for reading blogs ... though commenting is a different story. I tend to go in spurts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go in spurts too and need to work on spacing things out more evenly. I did find an online timer to help me with my time management issues, so now I just have to stop myself from resetting it when it goes off! *L*

      Delete
    2. What's this online timer?? I may be interested because I can't stand the sound of the little kitchen timer I have!

      Delete
    3. I did a Google search for free countdown timers, looked at a few and picked the one at http://www.timer-tab.com/ to try. Changed the alarm to the Doctor Who theme (youtube), which makes me smile every time it goes off. :)

      Delete
  6. Great goals! This is the first I have seen for emails but it is a good one. I sometimes procrastinate responding to emails and am horrible about organizing subscriptions.
    Also bloglovin. While I like it I want to organize it better too.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © alexia561.blogspot.com 2009-2016 - All Rights Reserved *graphics courtesy of Google Images, Travel Mania header courtesy of Blogtemplate4u